We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

getting to Tofino

Which Tofino hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Canada
Level Contributor
97 posts
1 review
Save Topic
getting to Tofino

I'd like to fly to Tofino from Calgary. It seems like it would be through ORCA Airways. Does anyone have any experiences with this carrier?

Victoria B.C.
Destination Expert
for Victoria
Level Contributor
313 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: getting to Tofino

Hey Leesea,

I just checked out the Orca Airways website and it looks like they only fly from Vancouver International Airport to Tofino, not Calgary.

You could fly with Westjet or Air Canada from Calgary to Vancouver, and then Orca from Van to Tofino.

There are also buses that go up there from Victoria if you wanted to fly from Calgary to Victoria-only one plane!

Sorry I can't give any personal experience of that airline to you.

:)Kate

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: getting to Tofino

I flew up to Tofino with Blue Horizon, until they crashed into the side of the mountain. Sadly, some people died. The pilot was a true hero.

I have no experiece with Orca. Keep in mind that they will fly out of Terminal 2.

If you don't want to fly, you could fly into Nanaimo or Victoria and grab the Pooch (Grey Hound) and take that into Tofino.

Brentwood, Essex, UK
Level Contributor
37 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: getting to Tofino

I just got back from Tofino and flew with Orca. The plane was an 8 seater light propeller craft with a pilot and co pilot.

The journey took around 45 minutes from Vancouver South Terminal. You may wish to bear in mind there are no restrooms on the plane.

I imagine that in bad weather a flight in a plane like this would not be for the faint-hearted.

Everything during our flight was fine. They have a baggage limit but we only ended up paying 20 dollars extra so no big deal.

Feel free to contact me if you have questions.

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: getting to Tofino

Hi

I am due to visit Tofino after arriving in Vancouver. Roughly what was/is the cost of the flight from Vancouver to Tofino please?

John (UK)

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: getting to Tofino

You can fly from Calgary to Comox as well and then rent a car and drive to Tofino from there, approx. 3 hours. Otherwise your best bet is fly to Vancouver and then fly with Orca Air to Tofino - daily scheduled flights. They are a very reputable airline.

6. Re: getting to Tofino

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 pm, September 05, 2009