We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quick question!

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
6,214 posts
303 reviews
Save Topic
Quick question!

Hello everyone, Planning a possible last minute trip and thinking about spending 2 nights here, 2nd last week of August. What is the likelihood of booking hotel rooms/lodging in general? Are they fully booked at this time of year or can I go ahead and book the plane tickets and then book the hotels rooms afterwards?

Thanks!

Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver, British Columbia
Level Contributor
13,331 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quick question!

No!!! book rooms first! It's very busy here this year with the parks being free, the low dollar and Canadians staying home,

Comox,British...
Destination Expert
for Victoria
Level Contributor
1,581 posts
406 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quick question!

Salsajo

You've picked the peak of the peak season to go to an area that is underserved in room capacity.I was there in the spring talking to a shop owner that mentioned people drive out all the time in summer expecting to find a room etc. and they are all turned away with options of and not recommended sleeping in your car or driving back to Port Alberni and finding a room there and again not recommended IMO

Mentioned in this post
Port Alberni
Port Alberni
Vancouver Island, Canada
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
6,214 posts
303 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quick question!

Thanks guys! 🙏🏼 I figured as much! I appreciate the feedback. Back to the drawing board! 😉

4. Re: Quick question!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, August 06, 2018