We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alaska Cruise

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Alaska Cruise

We will be on a Alaskan Cruise out of San Francisco CA. leaving July 1, 2010. We are interested in going fishing from either Ketchikan or Juneau for Salmon. I was told you could book fishing trips privately instead of going through the Cruise line excursions. Does anyone have any information about this that could be helpful.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
82,811 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alaska Cruise

Hi alaska2010;

Both Ketchikan and Juneau are located in Alaska. I would suggest posting your question on their respective forums.

The Ketchikan forum is here on TA;

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g31030-i1423-Ketch…

The Juneau forum is here on TA;

tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g31020-i1190-Juneau…

Best Regards

Parksville, Canada
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alaska Cruise

Another great place to look for this type of information is on Cruise Critic, under the Alaska Cruise forum. The Cruise Critic website (www.cruisecritic.com) was very helpful in planning our 2008 Alaskan cruise. We booked all of our shore excursions (Ketchikan, Juneau and Skagway) independently, prior to leaving on the cruise.

3. Re: Alaska Cruise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:47 am, November 17, 2010