We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prince Rupert to Edmonton

Brisbane Aust
3 posts
Prince Rupert to Edmonton

Hi Ya'll

We will be arriving in Prince Rupert by Ferry in early Sept.

We are looking to hire a car and drive to Edmonton on a one way trip.

Any suggestions regarding arrangements for vehicle hire.

Regards

Keith

Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
Level Contributor
9,749 posts
1 review
1. Re: Prince Rupert to Edmonton

Be prepared to 'Throw Down Large'!

The dropoff charge will be Brobdingnagian.

Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
Level Contributor
9,749 posts
1 review
2. Re: Prince Rupert to Edmonton

I can't make the National site work for a one-way rental either I suggest you email them directly by phone or Fax-do you remember Fax machines? (!)

Can't see contacting the Airport location-the Prince Rupert airport is located on an island with no bridge just a Ferry-very small town style operation.

Prince Rupert - 2nd Ave West (YPRC01)

Pickup Location

Prince Rupert - 2nd Ave West

106-815 First Avenue West

Prince Rupert , BC V8J 1B3

CA

Phone:

(250)624-5318

Fax:

(250)624-5367

Hours:

Sun-Fri: 08:00 am 08:30 pm

Sat: 09:00 am 05:00 pm

Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver Island
Level Contributor
2,539 posts
170 reviews
3. Re: Prince Rupert to Edmonton

What the heck does brobdingnagian mean? I get the intent, but my Gosh, what a word :))

Brisbane Aust
3 posts
4. Re: Prince Rupert to Edmonton

Thanks Sam

I dont think I can quite afford brobdingnagian!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
3,161 posts
47 reviews
5. Re: Prince Rupert to Edmonton

Is that from Gulliver's Travels - Brobdingnag - the place where everyone is a giant?

Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
Level Contributor
9,749 posts
1 review
6. Re: Prince Rupert to Edmonton

Brobdingnagian-A creature from Brobdingnag; A giant; Of or pertaining to Brobdingnag; Enormous, huge, far larger than is customary for such a thing.

Parksville, Canada
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
30 reviews
7. Re: Prince Rupert to Edmonton

It might not make a huge difference, but you might want to look into a 1-way rental between Rupert and Prince George, about 8 hours away, and then a second one-way rental between Prince George and Edmonton. I think those might be better fits with a bit more one-way traffic than the entire trip between Rupert and Edmonton. MIGHT be worth a shot.

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
21,814 posts
130 reviews
8. Re: Prince Rupert to Edmonton

Or perhaps you might like to take the train? VIA Rail's "Skeena" travels from Prince Rupert to Jasper, with an overnight stop in Jasper, and then you can catch the "Canadian" from Jasper to Edmonton.

www.viarail.ca

Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
Level Contributor
9,749 posts
1 review
9. Re: Prince Rupert to Edmonton

Well I phoned today-the reason that the site won't work is that they don't allow One-Way rentals to Edmonton-Calgary Yes Edmonton No.

One ways to Prince George are allowed but Brobdingnag still awaits-it's a ***$500*** dropoff charge just to PG!!!

Add to that another 5 bills dropoff in Edmonton and you could fly, not sure if the train is an option as it only runs a few times a week.

So much for promoting tourism in northern BC.

10. Re: Prince Rupert to Edmonton

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, January 05, 2010