We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best place to stay in PRINCE GEORGE

SOUTH WESTERN...
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
best place to stay in PRINCE GEORGE

Where is best place to stay in PRINCE G overnite going both ways on SKEENA in SEPT 09 THANK YOU

Parksville, Canada
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best place to stay in PRINCE GEORGE

Delmont

you'll want to be downtown, as that's closest to the train station. I'd suggest the Coast hotel (Coast Inn of the North).

coasthotels.com/hotels/…overview

They have 3 restaurants in the hotel, and they are a 5-10 minute walk to half a dozen others that are pretty good. (Let me know if you would like any restaurant recommendations.)

If the Coast is a bit too much for your budget, you could try the Days Inn, almost right beside it. www.daysinn.com

The 4 hotels with the top ratings on Trip Advisor are all out on the highways outside of the downtown core.

prince george
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best place to stay in PRINCE GEORGE

Your best bet if travelling on the Skeena is to find one of the many excellent B&Bs in the area, (see tripadvisor). They offer free transportation and a great breakfast included, and no tax addons.Hard to beat

prince george
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best place to stay in PRINCE GEORGE

Your best bet if travelling on the Skeena is to find one of the many excellent B&Bs in the area, (see tripadvisor). They offer free transportation and a great breakfast included, and no tax addons.Hard to beat

prince george
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best place to stay in PRINCE GEORGE

If you are travelling on the Skeena, the best deal for a stopover in Prince George is one of the many B&Bs in the area. They offer free transportation to & from the station and a fine breakfast, hard to beat.

Super 8 Abbotsford
11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: best place to stay in PRINCE GEORGE

I worked in hotels in Prince George for 12 years and know the area well. I would highly recommend the Coast Inn of the North. I stayed there first in 1974 for my honeymoon ( when I lived in Mackenzie...just north of P.G.) and I stayed there several times over the years, and then when I moved to P.G. I worked in hotels and know them all very well. The Days Inn ( I worked there when it was the Simon Fraser Inn, and it was closed Dec 1999, and completely renovated to become a Days Inn. I have been away from P.G. for 6 yrs, and so I'm assuming they've kept everything up to date with it, but I do know that the Coast Inn of the North was always kept current and I loved everything that it had to offer. I am presently a General Manager of a hotel in the lower mainland, and I still know that all of the Coast hotels have always maintained themselves very well, and would recommend them highly to all travelers. I have never worked for them, but have used them over and over again....being very pleased at all times with their properties.

6. Re: best place to stay in PRINCE GEORGE

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 22, 2010