We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camping in Penticton, BC

Which Penticton hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Langley, BC
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Camping in Penticton, BC

Anyone know of a good campground in Penticton area? Wanting to camp mid July 2011. Would prefer provincial as the sites are larger than private.

Penticton, Canada
Level Contributor
10,255 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Camping in Penticton, BC

HI

i am not sure why this thread was resurrected from 2011 - the standard usually is to read the old threads and then start a new thread when one is looking for information..... just saying

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
23,114 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Camping in Penticton, BC

I know what you mean cb -necroposting! However, it does seem to be something that people are searching for and then they find this thread. What confuses me is why they repeat the question? The question has been asked and answered, so use the answers to look for something that suits you. Its less of a concern that people come in to provide updated or revised information on the old topic, as the search tool does bring these old posts back to life. What happened to TA's policy to shut a thread down after 12 months?

1 post
Save Reply
23. Re: Camping in Penticton, BC

Hi there, I was hoping you could suggest good campsites, private in penticton, oliver and osoyoos.

we prefer private campgrounds like those at Okanagan North.

Thank you

Penticton, Canada
Level Contributor
10,255 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Camping in Penticton, BC

hi Rosie H

welcome to the TA forums

it is best that you start your own questions: yours could be different that what you may have read on this post and old posts are often ignored.

Did you not read Post #21 ? or any of this post?

"Ask a question" is at the bottom of this page.

and please add a lot more information about time etc... if you want a relevant answer.

Edited: 11:13 pm, May 19, 2014
Calgary, Alberta...
Level Contributor
530 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Camping in Penticton, BC

Rosie H,

Please see my previous message dated July 2013 about a campground in Penticton to stay at.

Leduc, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
26. Re: Camping in Penticton, BC

hi there we r looking for a beachfront campground but don't wanna be in a sardine can

Penticton, Canada
Level Contributor
10,255 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Camping in Penticton, BC

hi Karen

welcome to TA forum

it is good etiquette to start your own post so the OP (original posters) do not get an email after they have long gone.

This is only one beachfront campground in Penticton which is for RVs and yes it is packed.

Surrey, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
28. Re: Camping in Penticton, BC

Does anyone know a provincial campground in penticton or close to it ? I have a disability and can get the site for free but it has to be a bc provincial campground thank you !!!

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
16,921 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Camping in Penticton, BC

BC Parks has a website that can help you: http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/bcparks/ Check out the "find a park" link a the top right of the page.

Surrey, Canada
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
30. Re: Camping in Penticton, BC

I am just browsing through & we are currently looking for camping sites in penticton, do you have any favourites, its for high season & we have nothing booked yet but a couple places have said yes we could, just wish there were places that still allowed a fire...is there any?