We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please do not stay here if you have children

Which Penticton hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kamloops, Canada
1 post
Save Topic
Please do not stay here if you have children

In all my camping life I have never ever come across such rude people. You cannot stop and park your vehicle to check your laundry--you must walk from your site. If you should bring someone like a "grandma" to stay a night or two overnight you will be read the right act and charged $18.50 and if you have more than 3 children you are charged everyday for an extra child, which is your own. A stinky lagoon runs behind where you are parked and while you are eating you get to enjoy the muddy smell of this lagoon. I felt you could not walk a few steps and there was something they had to complain about. They need to read what customer service and not make it all about the almighty $$$$$. There is no park or swimming pool inside the campsite. There are many nice campsites with friendly owneers in the surrounding areas that will welcome children and you can relax and enjoy your stay.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
72,122 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please do not stay here if you have children

Hi grandmaof11grandchil;

A very detailed post, except you left out the MOST important detail...the NAME of the campground !

Best Regards

Penticton, Canada
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Please do not stay here if you have children

You failed to mention which campground you are refering to.

Penticton, BC
Level Contributor
541 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please do not stay here if you have children

I can almost guarantee it is the Oxbow. It backs up on that stillwater swamp and apparently the people that run it, operate it like a boot camp!

Vancouver
Level Contributor
2,332 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please do not stay here if you have children

I didn't know that Penticton was a campground... I always thought it was a city. Just joking of course. They should have packed up and moved on after the first night if it was as terrible as described. I have been to places like this and they certainly ruin the vacation experience.

5. Re: Please do not stay here if you have children

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:33 am, March 02, 2011