We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food near Nanaimo Travelodge

Which Nanaimo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Canada
4 posts
Save Topic
Food near Nanaimo Travelodge

Hi

I will be staying at the Nanaimo Travelodge for four nights upcoming and was wondering what fast food or restaurants are near it? I'm specifically looking for a Tim Hortons and McDonalds. It has to be within walking distance, and no more than 10 minute walk.

Thanks for reading.

Kamloops, BC...
Level Contributor
9,743 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Food near Nanaimo Travelodge

dangles -

It sounds like you are intersted only in fast food --

Tim Hortons - 15 Wallace Street 0.42 K distance Whether that's within a 10 minute walk will depend on how fast you walk, I guess.

McDonalds - 1213 Princess Royal Ave -- too far to walk -

All you have to do to locate franchised restaurants is go to their website and put in an address - and voila - the address of the nearest and a map.

Vancouver Island, BC
Level Contributor
195 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Food near Nanaimo Travelodge

The closest McDonald's to the Travelodge on 96 Terminal Avenue is the one at 1213 Princess Royal Avenue. I put the addresses in mapquest.com and it says that the restaurant it is 1.3km away from the hotel.

The closest Tim Horton's is the one on 15 Wallace Street (corner of Bowen and Wallace). This is the other direction from McDonalds. According to Tim Horton's website, it is .42km away from the hotel.

I don't know how fast you walk, but this should give you some idea of where the closest ones are! :)

Canada
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Food near Nanaimo Travelodge

Wow, thanks for the replies so fast! I was just trying to figure out close lunch options. What about for a nice dinner? By nice I mean, better than fast food but not 5 Star restuarants where a meal for one costs $40. Again, within walking distance and the walk is a pretty good pace, not your a average stroll in the park.

BC Okanagan
Level Contributor
3,045 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Food near Nanaimo Travelodge

dont know the answer to your question off the top of my head, but sure got a giggle about the need to know where the Tim Hortons is. Thats my first thought in every town too. :)

Victoria, BC Canada
Destination Expert
for Victoria
Level Contributor
1,122 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Food near Nanaimo Travelodge

White spot is right next door.

Vancouver Island, BC
Level Contributor
195 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Food near Nanaimo Travelodge

In the same direction as Timmy's, but to the left at the intersection instead of right, there is a Mexican restaurant called Gina's. It is perched up on a cliff and you can actually see it from quite a distance. It is mostly pink and there is a big sign. They have great food there and not too expensive. Not too far from there is a nice Greek place called Katerina's. I have only eaten there once and I can't remember how much it was.

Canada
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Food near Nanaimo Travelodge

Is Tim Hortons pretty much next door or across the road? It sounds pretty close. Is there an Earls or Boston Pizza in Nanaimo? Also, how far is the driving time from the Travelodge to Malaspina University?

Vancouver Island, BC
Level Contributor
195 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Food near Nanaimo Travelodge

Tim Horton's is down the highway (towards the city centre) and to the right. I'm going from memory here, but I doubt that you could see Tim Horton's from the hotel. The Tally Ho Hotel (right on the corner of the intersection) would be in the way.

Nanaimo has both an Earl's and a Boston Pizza. Earl's is about 6km from your hotel and Boston Pizza is about 9 km. Not really within walking distance.

Vancouver Island, BC
Level Contributor
195 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Food near Nanaimo Travelodge

I used mapquest to see how long it says it would take to drive to Malaspina. It says 8 minutes by car or approximately 4 km.

Have you ever used mapquest? It is great, because you can do distances between locations like hotels and restaurants and then print off the map and driving directions. They don't always select the best route, but for someone who doesn't live in a particular city, it could definitely help. :)

Nanaimo
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Food near Nanaimo Travelodge

Tim Hortons is just across the bridge and 1 block up. Mcdonalds is a bit of a walk, more than 10 min for sure. Other restaurants in area are Tania's on Front st., Mrs. Riches just off Terminal Ave. about 3-4 blocks walking south from your hotel, Modern Cafe on Church st. all moderatley priced and good food.