How about a tasty, unique, foodie activity in the Harbour City? Try tackling the Nanaimo Bar Trail!
This culinary tour features a wide variety of Nanaimo Bar based drinks and desserts. Start off at The Nanaimo Museum in our new Vancouver Island Conference Centre where you learn the history, view the recipe and have a seat on a Nanaimo Bar Bench!
Afterwards head off on a self-guided tour of a dozen or so spots in the downtown and Old City Quarter areas where you can sample this tasty treat in various forms including:
* wheat free, all natural bars at the Farmers Market
* deep fried bars at Pirate Chips
* ice cream and sundaes
* cheesecake at Minnoz at The Coast Bastion Inn
* martinis at The Modern Cafe
* and fudge from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory at Depature Bay Ferry Terminal!
For the original recipe and to follow the trail:
See you on the Trail!