We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ideas for birthday celebration - brunch, small hike?

Edmonton, Alberta
Level Contributor
36 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Ideas for birthday celebration - brunch, small hike?

I'm traveling to kelowna on the Sunday of the May long weekend and will be there for 5 days. I would like to take my mom out for a special day. She's 58 years old and I'll also have my 10 month old (who is very portable!). I'm thinking maybe brunch and a hike? Any recommendations? We will be hitting up some wineries later on in the week.

I've checked out the kelowna travel website and would rather get some recommendations from trip advisor :) Thanks in advance!

Kelowna, Canada
Destination Expert
for Kelowna
Level Contributor
581 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ideas for birthday celebration - brunch, small hike?

Consider the boardwalk in the downtown which runs along the lake. Start around Manhattan Dr and end around the Bridge area in City Park. Mission Creek Greenway is also a nice walk.

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
193 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ideas for birthday celebration - brunch, small hike?

Hi!

Laura from Tourism Kelowna.

There are lots of great restaurants in Downtown Kelowna to choose from. The Grand Okanagan has a lovely restaurant with a lake view. Earls On Top is close to City Park, at the end of Bernard and upstairs. The patio has a great view of the lake. A few of the local ones that are not on the lake are The Bread Company, Bohemian Cafe, and Yellow House Restaurant.

Away from the downtown area, Smack Dab at the Manteo Resort, has an indoor and patio restaurant on the lake. Right next door is the Hotel Eldorado. It also has an indoor and patio restaurant.

Sunset Organic Bistro at Summerhill Pyramid Winery has a sweeping view of the lake. In West Kelowna, Old Vines Restaurant at Quail's Gate Winery also has wonderful views.

The walk along the Boardwalk to City Park along the lake is paved, lovely and flat. Close to the Grand Okanagan there are gentle slopes in the area away from the lake as part of the landscaping, with streams and waterfalls. At this time you cannot walk the entire way along the lake as the new Kelowna Yacht Club is under construction. You would be able to walk from the Grand Okanagan area to the construction area, make a detour to walk along Water Street and then back to the lake walk at Stuart Park to continue on to City Park.

Mission Creek Greenway is approximately a 10-15 minute drive from the city centre, just down the road from Orchard Park Shopping Centre. There is ample parking. The path along the creek is a popular wide dirt/gravel path for jogging, biking and walking. You can go either way. I would suggest runners or good walking shoes. Light sandals will not be appropriate.

On Wednesday morning you might want to check out the Kelowna Farmers' & Crafters' Market, across from Orchard Park Shopping Centre, at the corner of Springfield Road and Dilworth Drive. Not all vendors will have booths yet at the time you will be visiting Kelowna.

Safe travels!

Edmonton, Alberta
Level Contributor
36 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ideas for birthday celebration - brunch, small hike?

Wow thanks so much - this is perfect!!

4. Re: Ideas for birthday celebration - brunch, small hike?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 03, 2015