We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do rental vehicles typically include chains?

Which Kelowna hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
176 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Do rental vehicles typically include chains?

Do rental vehicles picked up at the Kelowna airport typically included tire chains in the winter, or are chains available for rent/purchase at the time of the rental? Just wondering as I see that they are recommended/required at times, and don't see any info on the rental company site.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
176 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Do rental vehicles typically include chains?

I finally talked to Budget, and the official policy is that they will provide winter tires for $75/week.

As for the shuttles, thank you to those users who provided additional links and suggestions. Private shuttles, as well as the Big White shuttle all work out to approximately the same price, which I find a bit strange. I do appreciate the comments with regard to the road conditions -- though I am from Ottawa and well accustomed to winter driving, I have no experience in the mountains. With the added cost of the winter tires, plus the potential for added stress in poor conditions, we may reconsider the shuttle options.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
12 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Do rental vehicles typically include chains?

Thank you for this discussion, it's very helpful for me too.

13. Re: Do rental vehicles typically include chains?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, January 17, 2014