We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hiawatha RV Park

Kihei, Hawaii
Level Contributor
148 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Hiawatha RV Park

Has anybody stayed at this place? Do you recommend it..or not?

Thanks!

Blind Bay, BC
Level Contributor
1,002 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hiawatha RV Park

It's an older park smack dab in the middle of the hip Lakeshore Drive zone.

This review should help you decide :

rvparkreviews.com/regions/…Kelowna.html

Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver Island
Level Contributor
2,527 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hiawatha RV Park

You'll find Kelowna rather devoid of RV parks. We did stay at the Orchard Valley once - it's convenient and the spaces and view are nice, but as far as an RV park goes it's very lacking. And the prices are rediculous for RV parks in Kelwona.

Mentioned in this post
Kelowna
Kelowna
Okanagan Valley, Canada
Kelowna, Canada
Destination Expert
for Kelowna
Level Contributor
589 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hiawatha RV Park

It is located just across the road from lake, Great location but as mentioned it is old.

Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hiawatha RV Park

I would like to tell you all about my experience with the People of Hiawatha RV Resort in Kelowna , B.C.

I booked us in for one nite Sept 27th as we were going there for the John Fogarty concert while we were on holidays .

The week before we were suppose to leave my husband fell down and broke his ankle . He ended up with this big cast on and we decided not to go on our RV trip but we were still going to the concert as we had paid for our tickets .

I phoned Hiawatha RV and told them what happened & I would have to cancel our reservation. They told me that I would still be charged half of the cost of the one nites stay . They do say when you phone if you cancel you will be charged . I still believed if you gave enough notice and had a very valid reason they would not charge you . WRONG . I have never known a place to take advantage and change the whole meaning of what cancellation deposit is for . Any other place I've ever dealt with if you gave them 24-48 hours notice at the most , you got your deposit back. They also had only full hook up so we had to pay for everything when we didn't need a thing ! It was around $ 55.00.

They also put the total amount onto our credit card when I made the reservation ! She said with bookings of only one nite that was their policy .. a little heads up !

When we went to Kelowna I went there to see them and talk about this . I don't give in easily when I feel like I'm being taken advantage of . The whole experience was very frustrating . The end result was they still charged me $25.00 for that nite .

There was hardly anyone in the park when we got there , so I can see why they have to hold onto every cent they get .

There was also one guy waiting in line with his complaint about the park and water ,, while I was there .

If anyone is interested in what I think of this place :

Find some where else ,, any where . Avoid this place .

That is the only thing that will make them change their policies .

The only way they are getting away with this is because People are accepting it . Why ?

Mentioned in this post
Kelowna
Kelowna
Okanagan Valley, Canada
5. Re: Hiawatha RV Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:35 pm, February 20, 2013
Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
1,212 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hiawatha RV Park

Reviews of Hiawatha soon won't matter anymore: castanet.net/edition/…90096

Alberta
Level Contributor
1 post
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hiawatha RV Park

I have stayed here more than once with my kids It is a nice family place with great amenities. They have always been very strict with parties and noise. That is why I felt comfortable bringing my children there. This last stay in August was going well until the weekend hit. They do have a night time security guard who is supposed to enforce the rules. This time the weekend parties were on and even though the security guy did act (only after complaints were made) the noisy people were allowed to stay and ignored the several warnings given to them.

The security guy (in my opinion) was way too easy and allowed this to continue. After a mostly sleepless night I brought my concerns to the office. They were aware of the previous night and I asked "are we going to have this problem again tonight" I was assured we would not.

Again the security guy tried to deal with it, but did not remove the noise makers. Things were much worse with the same and other people partying. Sleep finally came around 3am. That was enough we packed up the next day. I tried to express my unhappiness to the office. There were other there also complaining and leaving because of the night time noise. They didn't seem to be too concerned?

Bottom line is don't bring your kids and don't go if you want a quiet night as they no longer seem to enforce their own rules. It's really too bad as is was a great place to stay in the past.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
22,681 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hiawatha RV Park

I have stayed there three times, as noted it is a nice family place, my kids loved the pool and hot tub. Its a typical rv resort.. no wilderness etc.. but a playground and, good hot showers and laundry and its easy to walk to beach or take public bus to town.

I find Tazzmanazzs post silly.. you booked a place that has a CLEAR cancellation policy and you figure you are SPECIAL and it shouldn't count for you,, give up, you should have paid full amount .. you got off easy and I mean that.. why do people like you think that written policies do not apply to them, especially stupid since you even said you didn't cancel your trip to Kelowna,, just your stay at resort. Get over it and stop trying to malign a business that runs fairly but you felt you were so exceptional.

Mentioned in this post
Kelowna
Kelowna
Okanagan Valley, Canada
Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hiawatha RV Park

We stayed at Hiawatha in a tent. We didn't seem to have any problems. Very good location, decently well kept, good showers. We liked the convenience of being close to everything. Sure beats the cost of a hotel in Kelowna. It was nice to get into the hot tub after a day of cycling around. That was definitely a nice feature. I only wish they kept the pool open a little later into the night or at least the hot tub. Oh well... All in all well worth it.

Mentioned in this post
Kelowna
Kelowna
Okanagan Valley, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Hiawatha RV Park

It's an okay place , but would not return .

Get answers to your questions about Kelowna