We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pick your own fruits

Petaling Jaya...
Level Contributor
718 posts
133 reviews
Save Topic
pick your own fruits

Hi we will be driving from vancouver to Lake louise and we have two nights to stop in between. We would like to try the pick your own fruits kind of farm. Can anyone recommend one around kelowna? The dates are late august, I read that it is too late for cherries, so what kind of fruits can we reasonably expect to get?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
57,674 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: pick your own fruits

tourismkelowna.com/visitors/…u-pick.php

okanaganvacationguide.com/farm-fresh-markets…

BC
Level Contributor
4,216 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: pick your own fruits

Well, I should know this, but I don't.

There are a special kind of late cherries sold near my house, around the corner from the Grapewine B&B we discussed. But they don't let you pick them yourself. At least I don't think they do--I might get a chance to ask them, as I see them working the farm sometimes. But it is a nice little farm that you can go in and visit and have an herbal tea and see the llamas, alpaca and goats. They grow echinacea and these special cherries.

Otherwise, peaches and pears are still growing at that time (and apples). Never heard of pick your own of either of these, most people just buy them from the farmers stalls. These farms can be right in the middle of the city, because BC has a policy of agricultural land NOT being allowed to develop into housing without special permission, which is not easily granted. So fresh--local--produce can easily be bought in many areas.

Kelowna, Canada
Destination Expert
for Kelowna
Level Contributor
580 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: pick your own fruits

Check out KLO Orchards on Dunster Rd in Kelowna. Believe they have tours as well as u pick.

BC
Level Contributor
4,216 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: pick your own fruits

gibee, I loved the tours at KLO Orchards.

However, I read last year (or maybe the year previously) that they were no longer doing tours as it was not economically viable. As well, end of August is too early for apples.

Still would be a lovely place to visit, it the Ridge Restaurant is still running; I was unable to tell if it would be opening this year.

This is a unique place that you might want to visit in the south east Kelowna area. Not fruit, as you will see!

http://www.okanaganlavender.com/

Petaling Jaya...
Level Contributor
718 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: pick your own fruits

Thank you so much. I love lavender! Last time we were in Tasmania it was not in season I hope we won't miss it this time.

6. Re: pick your own fruits

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 pm, October 25, 2012