We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Big white/silver star?sun peaks?where suits us?

ireland
Level Contributor
70 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Big white/silver star?sun peaks?where suits us?

we are a couple with 1 yr old. Looking for pleasant resort.some nice restaurants for evening and inexpensive accomodation. Would also lke to have the choice of a childcare service so we can ski together. Any good deals?Which will suit us best?We will drive from vancouver.

Kelowna, Canada
Destination Expert
for Kelowna
Level Contributor
581 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Big white/silver star?sun peaks?where suits us?

As far as Big White, check their web site www.bigwhite.com. They have specials on for March that includes accomodation and lift tickets. You can contact them regarding childcare.

Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver, British Columbia
Level Contributor
11,738 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Big white/silver star?sun peaks?where suits us?

We've gone to Silver Star many times..from what I know of the other two I'd say that SS and Sun Peaks are more "family" oriented and Big White is a bit "edgier" trying to think of a way to describe it.. more singles ,fewer families???Also Big White gets more fog..( met skiiers who had spent 4 days there mid February..and lots of fog!!) I'd check all 3 regarding child minding.

SS village is small but good fun. It's owned by the same company as Big White and also has specials on now.

3. Re: Big white/silver star?sun peaks?where suits us?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, September 06, 2010