We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how to visit the wineries

Which Kelowna hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vienna, Austria
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Topic
how to visit the wineries

Hi!

I will be there early September (weekdays) and I would love to visit the best vineyards in the area, but I don't know how to do it. I do have a car but I obviously don't want to drive if I am going to do many tastings.

Which options do I have?

Thanks!!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
24,596 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how to visit the wineries

http://www.okwinetours.com/tourpkgs.htm

vancouver, b.c.
Level Contributor
1,040 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: how to visit the wineries

also www.destinationsnow.com under summer getaways.

vancouver, b.c.
Level Contributor
1,040 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: how to visit the wineries

Another idea - Summerland Waterfront resort has some wine tour packages. www.summerlandresorthotel.com I stayed at the resort in May and had a wonderful weekend, although I didn't partake in the wine tour.

Kelowna
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: how to visit the wineries

The tastings are usually accommpanied by some type of light finger food and the relaxed ambience at the wineries means you will linger over your glass, talk to the staff and other tasters,cruise the gift shops, grounds and gardens, take a tour of the facility. Winery restaurants in the Okanagan are among the very best places to eat with the most spectacular views in the Okanagan Valley. Given all that, it is very difficult to drink yourself into an unsafe driving situation. You will probably only do 3 (4 at a stretch) tastings per day. It is a very leisurely, relaxed way to spend the day and any type of dress is appropriate (shoes and shirts mandatory).

Kelowna
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: how to visit the wineries

British Columbians argue about the "best" wineries in the Okanagan the way the French argue about the "best" museums and galleries in Paris. Everyone has their favorites.

Mission Hill's Family Estate Winery was voted last year as one of the top winery restaurants in the world by "Travel and Leisure" magazine and its wines are consistently in the top medals in international competition. We celebrated my sister's birthday lunch there last September and it was a "once in a lifetime" experience. As I recall, the lunch was approximately $25 - $30 CDN person and the wine we chose $9 per glass. The restaurant is exclusively an outdoor terrace and only open in fine weather. They don't take reservations and are only open for lunch so arrive an hour before you are ready to eat, register at the restaurant and wander the grounds, take photos of the fantastic view over the lake and browse the gift shop while you wait.

missionhillwinery.com/guest_experience/visit…

Quail's Gate Estate Winery is another exceptional winery/restaurant just a 5 minute drive from Mission Hills.

http://www.quailsgate.com/index.php

Wine tastings in the Okanagan are a relaxed, casual, joyful experience - the hosts are knowledgeable, friendly and helpful. The experience is for the novice (myself) as well as the connoisseur.

Enjoy your visit. Fortunately, you are coming at what is usually the best month of the year for weather.

6. Re: how to visit the wineries

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 18, 2010