We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kelowna to Drumheller

Vancouver
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Kelowna to Drumheller

Hello, My family and I are hoping to drive from Kelowna to Drumheller this summer and are wondering the best way to go, and the best places to visit. We are hoping to see the dinos and then head back to Vancouver in about one weeks time. Any ideas of places to stay and visit with two small children?

Thanks

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
917 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kelowna to Drumheller

Could you give us just a bit more information about your intentions? The most direct route is up the 97 to Sicamous and the T-Can to Alberta. Google maps sets it at a shade over 9 hours driving time. So in principle you could leave after breakfast and have supper in Drumheller. But that doesn't sound like fun. On the other hand you could spend a week getting to Drumheller if you wanted to see all the sights in between. How long do you want to spend or how much time do you want to be on the road in any one day? Also, if the idea to base yourself in Drumheller (or Calgary?) as the main part of your vacation? One suggestion right now, the "Ghost Town" at Three Valley Gap might make a nice first stop. 3valley.com/heritage_resort/ghost_town.htm

Vancouver
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Kelowna to Drumheller

Thanks for replying, I was thinking maybe driving to Calgary to see the zoo in one day or two if there is another must see spot along the way, then spending a day or two around the Drumheller area (or still in Calgary if that is easier) Then a day or two to get home. I have never driven there so Im not sure what is realistic with two small kids. We are happy to take a week to do it all if needed or as little as 3 or 4 days. We will be in Kelowna first so we would leave from there, then return home to Vancouver after Alberta.

Thanks!

3. Re: Kelowna to Drumheller

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:43 am, December 27, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Kelowna