We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay on a budget?

Nashville
Level Contributor
77 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay on a budget?

My husband and I are looking into renting a place outside of Kelowna via vrbo.com - it seems more budget-friendly (and dog-friendly, as we'll have our pup along), than staying in the city.

What areas would provide the best access for wineries, beaches and outdoor activities? We don't want to be too far away, as we'll be attending a wedding that is in Kelowna. One place I've found is Carr's Landing, but I don't know much about the area ...

Thanks for your help!!

Kelowna, Canada
Destination Expert
for Kelowna
Level Contributor
589 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay on a budget?

This area is north of Kelowna about 30-

40 minute drive. I am not familiar with any motels in Carrs Landing and would guess you are looking at a B & B.This is mostly residential and about 10 minute drive to Winfield, which has some shopping areas. Most homes in this area would be close to the lake and should have beach access and very good Winery not far from there. Anything further, ask away.

Nashville
Level Contributor
77 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay on a budget?

Ok, thanks for the help!! We are looking at cabin/condo rentals by owner. I've also found a few in Peachland, which seems to be a little closer to Kelowna (?)

Mentioned in this post
Peachland
Peachland
Okanagan Valley, Canada
Kelowna, Canada
Destination Expert
for Kelowna
Level Contributor
589 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay on a budget?

Peachland is about 30 minutes south of Kelowna and 10 minutes to West Kelowna, which has a fair amount of shopping. Peachland not as isolated as Carrs Landing.

Mentioned in this post
Peachland
Peachland
Okanagan Valley, Canada
West Kelowna
West Kelowna
Okanagan Valley, Canada
Lake Country, Canada
Level Contributor
30 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay on a budget?

I think Carr's Landing is your best bet (and not just because I live here!). There are plenty of deserted dog and people friendly beaches, a few great hiking trails and lovely areas to walk - and we have two terrific wineries. We live at the very north end of Carrs Landing (closest to Vernon) and it takes us just over 20 minutes to get to Kelowna airport, 40 minutes to downtown Kelowna - however the Carrs Landing part of the drive is so beautiful you will not feel like it's any time at all! The area is residential, but mostly agricultural = fresh peaches, apricots, cherries! We have only a few restaurants but they are fabulous - Gray Monk winery, Riccardo's and the Greek House to name a few of our faves.

Hope that helps - but if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Have fun!

Mentioned in this post
Vernon
Vernon
Okanagan Valley, Canada
5. Re: Where to stay on a budget?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, December 23, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Kelowna