We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

general fishing

port angeles,wa...
1 post
Save Topic
general fishing

We have a week stay in Kelowna Sept 6 - 13 2008. I love to fish and we are from Washington state. Need to know who and where there's fishing available. Are there any river guides/trips in the near area? How about lake fishing and any major fishing regs? Any info would gratly be appreciated, thank you Johnny from Port Angeles e-mail turkeyfeather98363@hotmail.com

Kelowna, Canada
Destination Expert
for Kelowna
Level Contributor
585 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: general fishing

There are two large lakes within a short distance, Okanagan and Woods. Many small lakes within 30, 40 minute drive. Depends on your preference and if you have access to a boat and transportation. I am not familiar with river fishing close to Kelowna or guides, but others may. Check out www.bcfishing.com for regulations. Anything else, let me know

Kelowna BC
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: general fishing

My Father was an avid fisherman and enjoyed many days spent up at McCulloch Lake catching Rainbow Trout. You'll find it off Highway 33 approximately 20 minutes outside of Kelowna & just past the Big White Ski Resort turn off (Look for the Idabel Lake Resort sign). Another he frequented was Bear Lake off of Westside Road in Westside.

I know there is a daily limit for fish caught, but not certain what it is. Hope the fish are biting for ya! ;)

Oggy

3. Re: general fishing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:22 pm, October 08, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Kelowna