We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camping in the Okanagan

Vancouver
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Camping in the Okanagan

Can anyone tell me which campsite is better - Bear Creek or Okanagan lake?

We're camping with a trailer for a week and prefer a site that is well-spaced and fairly quiet.

Thanks!

Onoway, Canada
Level Contributor
40 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Camping in the Okanagan

If you haven't booked Bear Creek yet, then you are out of luck. They are full all summer long. You really need to book them in the fall for the following summer. You could try the Okanagan RV Park. I have never stayed there. I usually stay at the Waterslides Campground but the Waterslides are not there anymore. It was great for our motorhome, full hookups and there is shower facilities and laundry. It is in Westbank on the other side of the bridge. We aren't going to Kelowna this year but when we do, that is where we usually stayed. We weren't too impressed by other campgrounds.

Vancouver
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Camping in the Okanagan

Thanks for the info. We're actually going in September, and neither of the sites take reservations after the long weekend.

taunton
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Camping in the Okanagan

If you want to stay at any of these sights after the long weekend....the only advise is to get there in the morning and hope for the best

Vancouver
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Camping in the Okanagan

Will do, thanks!

BC
Level Contributor
49 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Camping in the Okanagan

Okanagan Lake Provincial Park has 2 campgrounds, North and South. The South park is at the bottom of a steep hill and the sites are close together. The North Park is terraced with a row of sites on each level. The sites at the North Park are further apart than the South Park and for that reason it is our preference. The sites at the top however are close to the highway, so try to get a lower site. Another thing to consider at the Okanagan Lake Provincial Park is the highway construction currently going on and may cause extra noise. Bear Creek is very popular with sites nicely spaced as well. My guess would be that you'll have no problem getting a site at Okanagan Lake, but Bear Creek may be full. Have a great holiday!

--By the way, I do not recommend Okanagan RV Park as it is on the highway with no space at all between sites and no grassy or treed areas. It is also right next door to a card-lock gas station.

Vancouver
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Camping in the Okanagan

Thanks for all of the helpful information. It's hard to know what the campsites are really like just going by the pictures on the website!

7. Re: Camping in the Okanagan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 am, October 06, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Kelowna