We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fortune motel

Which Kamloops hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
db5
DB
1 post
Save Topic
Fortune motel

Hi

Can anyone tell me what Fortune motel is like?

Thanks

Vancouver
Level Contributor
203 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fortune motel

I was the "baseball mom" to a team of 12 boys and two coaches who stayed in four rooms at the Fortune last July.

It is a basic motel on a main road (and close to the ball field, yeah!). It has a smallish indoor swimming pool, hot tub and sauna (I think), and is located across from a shopping mall with grocery and liquor stores, etc.

The two rooms I and the coaches stayed in had been recently renovated, and were fine. Had a separate sink and fridge. The two rooms the boys were in each had three double beds, one bathroom and a kitchenette. The decor is basic, but it was clean. The manager said these two rooms were slated for renovation during this winter.

Would I stay at the Fortune again? With a ball team, or my family, absolutely. For a romantic weekend with the spouse, nope, but that's not what the Fortune is trying to provide.

Peterborough
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fortune motel

We stayed there on May 12, 2008. It was very nice and clean. Some things have been uprgraded and don`t be deceived by the outside of the hotel. We came in from the Greyhound and originally were to come Via Rail but it was delayed. We had a queensize bed and a frig in our room. We were within walking distance to a grocery store, some restaurants, a liquor store and lots of fast food establishements. We had a room right next to the office where they have a separate room with internet access and a TV. It was very nice and I would recommend it. We psid $94.00 for the night and then the hotel staff ordered us a taxi to the airport the next morning. It cost $11.00 to get to the airport so it is close to both airport and Via rail. I hope this is helpful for other travellers.

3. Re: Fortune motel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 am, September 29, 2009