We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget Hotels Close to Greyhound Bus Station in Kamloops

Which Kamloops hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
BElfast
2 posts
Save Topic
Budget Hotels Close to Greyhound Bus Station in Kamloops

Hi

I am travelling through Kamloops in July and want to find a reasonbly priced motel/hotel which would be quite close to the Greyhound bus station,

HAs anyone any recommendations?

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
18,892 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Budget Hotels Close to Greyhound Bus Station in Kamloops

remember when the Rocky Mountaineer is coming thru Kamloops they bring 400 or people to town. Some days there are two trains so many times many hotels get booked up. I usually have stayed at the Travelodge or Executive. Kamloops is real small so getting to Greyhound should not be a problem. You can go to the bc tourism homepage and they can help with reservations. I will be in Kamloops around the 25th and will find out where Greyhound is and whats close by.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Waterton Lakes National Park, Nelson
Level Contributor
2,676 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Budget Hotels Close to Greyhound Bus Station in Kamloops

Hi lizziea,

How close to the bus station do you need to be? Are you willing to take a cab a short distance, or are you looking for walking distance?

There are several great, budget priced hotels nearby, but not what I would consider walking distance.

If you can let me know how close you're looking for, I'm sure I can recommend something.

- CG

Kamloops, BC...
Level Contributor
9,743 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Budget Hotels Close to Greyhound Bus Station in Kamloops

Lizziea

The closest motel is the Accent Inn - walking distance and rack rate is $99 CAD and up - there are other less expensive places

Sagebrush Motel -

660 Columbia Street W Toll Free 888/218-6116

about 6 blocks away - $50 and up,

EconoLodge

775 Columbia Street W, Toll Free 800/589-1988

About 5 blocks away $49 and up www.econolodge.kamloops.com

Fountain Motel

506 Columbia Street Toll Free 888/253-1569

About 7 blocks away $58 and up www.fountain.kamloops.com

The only one I can personally recommend is the Sagebrush, we stayed there during one of our forest fire evacuations: Nice people, clean and well kept units.

Hope this helps.

BElfast
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Budget Hotels Close to Greyhound Bus Station in Kamloops

We are willing to take a short cab ride - we don't want to be located miles away from the bus station though. Thanks

What about the Holiday Inn Express?

Cranbrook, BC
Level Contributor
116 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Budget Hotels Close to Greyhound Bus Station in Kamloops

If you want really budget, no frills accomodation near the bus depot, check out the residences at Thompson Rivers University. The residences are actually walkable from the bus station. I think the TRU website is www.tru.bc.ca

Kamloops
Level Contributor
9 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Budget Hotels Close to Greyhound Bus Station in Kamloops

You are very close to the University and at that time of year there is often vacancies in the student residences. If you go to www.tru.ca (Thompson Rivers University) there will likely be a link to McGill Student Housing which is the on campus provider of housing. The rooms are small, but the rates are probably good.

7. Re: Budget Hotels Close to Greyhound Bus Station in Kamloops

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 pm, August 13, 2009