We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any comments on The Ramada Inn Kamloops?

U.K.
Level Contributor
166 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Any comments on The Ramada Inn Kamloops?

As part of a rail tour ,we will be staying at Thre Ramada Inn Kamloop.Most of the reviews that I have read about this hotel are very negative and now I am worried that we may have spoiled our future holiday by choosing to stay here.Has anyone else had experienc of the latter?

Southampton, Uk
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Any comments on The Ramada Inn Kamloops?

Hi Rosee

My husband and i stayed there in 2000, and it was great when we went the room was quiet , downstairs restaurant ok, nothing fancy.

mind you anything would have been better than where we should have been. We booked over the internet to stay at hotel across the road Howard Johnson, it was filthy dirty the room, so we asked to see another one and that was the same. they didnt argue when we left. It looked more like Bates motel out of phsyco.

We stayed again at Ramada Kamloops in 2003, and we were less fortunate, we were situated in a different side of the hotel. And were kept awake not by the traffic, but by the Air conditioning, it was really noisy and looked like it was going to fall off the wall. to be honest i think it was on its last legs.

Hope this helped

Diane and Mark Southampton UK

U.K.
Level Contributor
166 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any comments on The Ramada Inn Kamloops?

To Diamark, Thank you for your information on the Kamloops hotel.I feelm a bit relieved that it seems an ok hotel.My family are staying therte in the summer whilst doing a tour including tThe Rocky Mountaineer.I must look up your other comments on Canada as you seem to have a world of experience and advice. Thanks again. Rosee N.E. UK

Southampton, Uk
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Any comments on The Ramada Inn Kamloops?

Hi Rosee

As i said we stayed at Kamloops twice now, one good experience and one negative. the firt time we stayed we stayed towards the back of the hotel and had mountain views.

So try and request that, when we stayed the receptionist was a rather nice scottish lady who had emigrated some years back.

You dont say when you are going, we went first in september second time June.

This is our fifth or sixtime we are returning end of may for 3 weeks.

We loved the rockies so much we married in Jasper in 2002.

Our twin sons first trip was when they were 15th old and my mum is returning with us fro her second time this year.

We have stayed right from Calgar all the way down through the rockies down to Vancouver island.

I dont normally do this but it you want any other info you can get me on diane_thorne@yahoo.co.uk

Regards Diane one half of Diamark (Southampton)