We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Activities in Kamloops

St. Catharines...
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Activities in Kamloops

Hi there,

My friend and I just moved to Kamloops, and we have two weeks before school starts. We're wondering what kind of activities and cool stuff we can do here.

Also, what are nice areas to go for walks and biking? Preferably a place with lots of people around

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Many thanks!

Abby

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
19,734 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Activities in Kamloops

Kamloops is mainly discussed here on the forums in the context of being a convenient stop-over point between the coast and the Rockies, and is, in general rather overwhelmingly "under-appreciated". ;-) You might try the BC Tourism website www.hellobc.com for more information, or google up the official tourism website for Kamloops. For park information, google up the city's website - I'm sure they have listings.

My friend who used to live in Kamloops used to like Kenna Cartwright Park, so I googled that for you: http://www.kamloops.ca/parks/kenna.shtml She also liked tubing/rafting on the river on hot days and mentioned that that is very popular to do there.

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
569 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Activities in Kamloops

What kind of biking? Kamloops has some of the worlds best mountain biking trails to be found.

www.kamloops.ca/maps/pdfs/bikeranchmap.pdf

Music in the Park>FREE!

www.kamloops.ca/events/musicinthepark.shtml

Farmers Market downtown, 299 block of St Paul street on Saturdays

Disc golf in Kamloops, walk and play

Canadian 2011 Disc Golf Championships

Canada Day Celebration in Riverside Park.

Need more info send me a message.

PS WELCOME >>to Kamloops :0)

St. Catharines...
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Activities in Kamloops

Thanks you guys! Great recommendations! Will definitely check out Kenna Cartwright Park and enjoy the the free music in the park!

4. Re: Activities in Kamloops

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:52 am, June 27, 2011
Kamloops, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Activities in Kamloops

there are countless free activities in Kamloops.....try tourism Kamloops for more info

6. Re: Activities in Kamloops

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:22 am, October 03, 2012