We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Harrison Hot Springs in winter

Which Harrison Hot Springs hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ann Arbor...
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Harrison Hot Springs in winter

Hi all!!

I'm planning on visiting Harrison hot springs in BC this December.

Three questions for ya : Is there much to do? how busy is it? and what should I pack? Thanks!

11 replies to this topic
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
Level Contributor
8,019 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Harrison Hot Springs in winter

There is almost nothing to do-you lose the sun about 14:30 and darkness quickly descends....

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
11,665 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Harrison Hot Springs in winter

Is this an extension of a trip to Vancouver or is Harrison your destination? Sam is right...there isn't really anthing to do there in winter.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
54,716 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Harrison Hot Springs in winter

For how long? At Christmas? 'cuz there's not much more of December left, so it might be all decorated up for that. It will be cold and wet and 'insulated' from the minimal life going on around. Ann Arbor is 4C with 6 mm of rain today. Here it is 5.5C and 2 mm of rain. Pretty similar.

Can't imagine what you'd do there in December.

Ann Arbor...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Harrison Hot Springs in winter

thanks sam!

datthecoast: yeah it is an extension to a Vancouver trip!

MuftiMixandmatch: just for a couple of days, was thinking either 22nd December, or the weekend after that...so just on the borderline of December :)

but yeah... looks like i'll definitely reconsider after all your comments! thanks ! :)

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
11,665 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Harrison Hot Springs in winter

Good move, Heba...add some time in Vancouver or go over to Victoria for a couple of days!

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
54,716 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Harrison Hot Springs in winter

Okay, if you went for 2 nights and one full day, you could just kick back in the hot springs pool, the spa, and the Copper Room resto which comes with live entertainment. You could walk along the beach/waterfront as far as the marina for about 1 km, wander back through the town for the heck of it.

It's on the north side of the Fraser River, so you would want to take the Lougheed Hwy out there. About 1.5 hours drive, maybe a bit more. But on the way back you could visit the Benedictine Abbey, just for the architecture and sculptures, all done by one of the brothers. It's just different for this part of the world. The sanctuary is usually open to go in and be impressed. Also, it is perched high up on a hill so the view of the Fraser Valley from the look out at the end of the trail, 10-15 min from the Abbey, might be well worth doing. Have a look:

…shaw.ca/panthers7/WestminsterAbbey01.html

And you might be interested in looking into the Stave Falls Hydro plant if water generated power interests you. It's out that way too.

bchydro.com/community/recreation_areas/stave…

Not sure what kind of time you're allowing Vancouver, but 4 nights might be a good idea.

Edited: 10:49 pm, December 12, 2012
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
24,145 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Harrison Hot Springs in winter

Ok for a night or two, I love HHS, but it really is a resort trip to just hang out in the pools, maybe a walk if the weather is nice. It's very scenic on the lake. I 'd check for the bald eagle festival in Mission, and I don't know if Minter Gardens does any Christmas Lights and activities, but those are nearby options. There's also nearby skiing at Mt. Hemlock. Seriously, for a romantic night surrounded by stunning mountain scenery to just relax in the hot pools, visit the spa for a massage and sip drinks and play cards in the bar, it's a wonderful place.

Ann Arbor...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Harrison Hot Springs in winter

thank you so much Mufti and Vancouverite!! really helpful details... :)

Comox,British...
Destination Expert
for Victoria
Level Contributor
1,417 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Harrison Hot Springs in winter

HebaMS

I like Harrison hot springs in the winter and particularly the the Harrison Hot Springs Resort.I like the decorations the quietness,the snow on the mountains etc,It is a very mellow vibe and if wanted a lot of activity then there are other places but if you want to wind down and relax in the hot spring pools read a book by the fire have afternoon tea,take a few strolls along the lakeside etc it is an enjoyable experience.breakfast buffet in the Lakeside Cafe in the hotel and the famous Copper Room for old school dining and dancing it is a throwback experience that I enjoy and the food and the service I have allway's found to be very enjoyable

Chilliwack
Level Contributor
1 post
159 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Harrison Hot Springs in winter

Well, if you like the great outdoors, there are several hiking trails in the area. A short drive up the road will bring you to Hicks and Deer Lakes, both with nice walking trails.

You could also take a drive up either side of Harrison Lake. The scenery is fantastic on a clear day. Hemlock Ski Resort is only a short 30 minute drive or so West of Harrison.

Reply to: Harrison Hot Springs in winter
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted