We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

from Seattle to Vancouver

Which British Columbia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
9,565 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
from Seattle to Vancouver

I will be coming to seatle on Emirates airline. I need to go to Vancouver. What are my options for transportation and do I need a visa for the USA?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
56,957 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: from Seattle to Vancouver

Amtrak Cascades is the 4 hour train. There is Quick Shuttle and the Bolt bus. The options are explained in the Top Questions on the Seattle Forum, to the right of the page.

You will need to ask the visa question on that forum as it is an American issue. This is a Canada Forum.

Edited: 4:47 am, April 02, 2014
Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
16,097 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: from Seattle to Vancouver

Above your post you will see a search box. Use it as this is a frequently asked question.

In regard to the visa question, how could that even be considered as you do not identify your nationality or under which country's passport you will be travelling. Also, why would you expect anonymous contributors to the forums to be experts on such an important point as this? If entry was refused, stating that your new friends on TA advised that it was OK will not wash. Have you considered looking at the source for accurate information - the US Dept of Homeland Security? Study this site:

https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
25,484 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: from Seattle to Vancouver

Just book a connecting flight and fly through.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
18,892 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: from Seattle to Vancouver

If you go to the Seattle forum you will see your options. Only Quick shuttle offers a bus direct from Seatac airport. They are my least favorite option as they stop alot and it can take hrs to get to Vancovuer. They are the most convenient for airport arrivals however. Your other best option is to take light rail to Amtrak station and either take the evening train or one of their express buses.

amtrak.com

boltbus.com

also leaves from close to Amtrak.

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
9,565 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: from Seattle to Vancouver

Thank you all

6. Re: from Seattle to Vancouver

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, April 04, 2015