We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Road Trip from Calgary to Vamcouver: One last question

Which British Columbia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
160 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Road Trip from Calgary to Vamcouver: One last question

Hello,

I need some suggestions please on where to go one day. I have one day, July 13 open without any plans. I am booked at a hotel in Vancouver on the 14th.

coming from Big Bar Ranch in Clinton, where would be a nice place to spend the afternoon/night? I will be traveling with my 13yr old. Is Whistler out of the way? I am up for any other suggestions?

Thank you!!

Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver, British Columbia
Level Contributor
11,360 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Road Trip from Calgary to Vamcouver: One last question

Actually spending a night in Whistler would be ideal. Nice drive from Clinton over to CacheCreek way, then Lillouet and hwy 99 ( Duffey Lake Road) through mountains to Pemberton or on to Whistler. Tons to do in Whistler in July with a 13 yr old...and an easy 2 hr drive to Vancouver on the 14th.

Whistler. Zip line, peak to peak cycling, etc...

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Road Trip from Calgary to Vamcouver: One last question

As T47 said yes Whistler is a great bet. Hop off at Cache Creek and grab 99 to Whistler. Eat at Herbies in Cache creek...home of the monster burger.

Lots to do in whistler...

Level Contributor
160 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Road Trip from Calgary to Vamcouver: One last question

T47 and Puffpuffross - thank you both for your replies. We are off to Whistler. Booked. The Pan Pacific Village and Ziptreks!

The monster burger on the other hand might be a pass. Lol. I can't eat that much!

4. Re: Road Trip from Calgary to Vamcouver: One last question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, March 03, 2015