We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moose Travel Network

adelaide
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Moose Travel Network

Hi guys, thinking of using moose to travel from Vancouver to Jasper and Banff, maybe the tomahawk tour. has anybody done this tour or one like it? does anybody just do the minimum days, no extra nights and is it still worth it? I will stay in Banff for a few nights as its the last stop but i'm on a bit of a time limit.

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
18,825 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Moose Travel Network

It would be most helpful if you would include a url link to the tour page, to save anyone who might be inclined to comment from having to go look for it.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
58,407 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Moose Travel Network

Maybe this is it.

http://www.moosenetwork.com/content.php?id=11

Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
Level Contributor
8,586 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Moose Travel Network

Does it suit your demographic?

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
18,825 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Moose Travel Network

Well, assuming the "1986" part of her TA username is her birth year, yes, it would. There have been older folks (like her parents' age) who have used Moose and posted here in the forums that they enjoyed it, but being a hostel shuttle, it does tend to skew to a younger age group.

Millie, I would suggest adding days to Banff, Lake Louise and Jasper. Just to see the main tourist highlights in the Canadian Rockies national parks, we normally recommend a minimum of five nights, split between Banff National Park (staying in either or both Banff and LL) and Jasper NP. But seven nights is better. If you want to do hikes (which can be time-consuming), you'll need more time.

But if you don't have extra time, or if the tour is not structured in such a way that you can easily add extra nights and then hop back in with the next group, then yes, it does cover a lot in the four days it is in the Rockies.... enough that you will probably be keen to come back someday when you have more time and money. :)

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
3,934 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Moose Travel Network

i always thought the moose network sounded like a great way to get around between alberta and bc. one post i recently read which led me to think twice...apparently they play music all day long while travelling. that would drive me nuts...just something to consider.

adelaide
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Moose Travel Network

Thanks everyone for the advice. yes i'm 27 years old so the age demographic of the bus is perfect. I've read about the music all day also, this doesn't worry me as I'll probably have my iPod on majority of the time anyway. I think based on your thoughts I'll try to book an extra night in Jasper and lake Louise as well a have 3-4 nights in Banff. thanks guys:-)

7. Re: Moose Travel Network

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, January 31, 2015