We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rooms at Westin Bayshore Vancover associated with a cruise

Columbia, SC
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Rooms at Westin Bayshore Vancover associated with a cruise

We are staying in Vancouver at the Westin Bayshore for two nights before getting on a Princess cruise to Alaska. The cruise is a family group for my parents' wedding anniversary and on the ship my son is going to stay in a room with one of his cousins and uncle. In Vancover, he needs to stay with us. Princess was trying to tell us that the rooms at the hotel either had 2 twins or one queen, which I found hard to believe. Has anyone done this cruise? Are the rooms regular hotel rooms - either two queens/doubles or one king? Thank you.

Mentioned in this post
Vancouver
Vancouver
British Columbia, Canada
The Westin Bayshore, Vancouver
The Westin Bayshore...
3,426 Reviews
Vancouver, Canada
5 replies to this topic
calgary
Level Contributor
5,450 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rooms at Westin Bayshore Vancover associated with a cruise

Why not just call the hotel directly and ask them or check out their website.

Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
10,400 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rooms at Westin Bayshore Vancover associated with a cruise

Bayshore has every combination of beds, suites more and is a perfect pre-cruise choice. I'd book directly with the hotel and cfm the beds booked.

Check the hotel on youtube

Edited: 1:41 pm, June 13, 2018
Columbia, SC
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rooms at Westin Bayshore Vancover associated with a cruise

Thanks for responding. I did call the hotel directly, but I didn't have the confirmation number (this was all booked through a travel agent) so she couldn't tell me about our room. I've reached out to the travel agent and was waiting to hear back.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
30,632 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rooms at Westin Bayshore Vancover associated with a cruise

I had a mini staycation at the Bayshore a while back and was a little surprised that it was two double beds rather than two queens. I shared one bed with one of my kids and it was squishy.

Most hotels will do a cot (folding bed) for a small nightly fee.

(I see here on "Room Amenities" it lists "Rollaway Beds" so having an extra bed put in the room should be easy enough to arrange)

westinbayshore.com/vancouver-bc-hotel-amenit…

Metchosin, Canada
Level Contributor
939 posts
588 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rooms at Westin Bayshore Vancover associated with a cruise

The hotel website indicates all room categories seem to have at least 2 doubles or a king, with at least a maximum occupancy of 4. A rollaway bed would be the best bet f thngs are too small.

Reply to: Rooms at Westin Bayshore Vancover associated with a cruise
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted