We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Log cabins in Jasper

Chorley, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Log cabins in Jasper

Hi, can anyone recommend anywhere to rent a log cabin in Jasper for 3 nights in June please?

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
18,809 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Log cabins in Jasper

There are a number of cabin resorts in Jasper National Park, but Alpine Village is the only one I can think of with log cabins ($$$). tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Review-g154918-d184472-… Some of the others have wood cabins - Pocohontas Bungalows has some newer units made with milled logs, I believe (but has a noisy location beside the highway, and is out in the middle of nowhere 1/2 hour drive from town), possibly also Beckers Chalets too. There are not all that many so it would be easy for you to check them out - look for the "seasonal accommodation" section at www.jasper.travel .

Chorley, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Log cabins in Jasper

Thanks again krp329, don't know what I'd do without your posts - they have proved invaluable for my research on The Rockies!

It doesn't have to be a log cabin necessarily; we'd just like some reasonably nice self-catering accommodation as it's our honeymoon :)

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,692 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Log cabins in Jasper

This TripAdvisor Traveller Article lists all (I hope) of the cabins and similar accommodations in the Canadian Rockies, including Banff & Jasper. There are links to both the business's own websites and their reviews (if any) here on TA:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g659487-c140758/Canad…

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,213 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Log cabins in Jasper

Becker's has nice cabins.

Started our honeymoon there. :)

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
18,809 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Log cabins in Jasper

Congrats on your upcoming wedding, Dan! Another option, which would also be much more affordable, is private home accommodation. These are all located within Jasper townsite, so walking distance to shops, pubs/bars and restaurants. There are a number of them with full kitchen, and many, many more with some facilities for self-catering - fridge and microwave is a common set-up. www.stayinjasper.com Since these run the gamut from "basic and budget" to quite luxurious, you have to do a bit of research to be sure you're getting the type of place you want. Price is usually a good indication.

6. Re: Log cabins in Jasper

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 02, 2015