We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alpine Log House Bed and Breakfast, Jasper

New Jersey
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Alpine Log House Bed and Breakfast, Jasper

We are looking for a place to stay in Jasper for a married couple for two nights at the end of July. We like the idea of a bed and breakfast. We are considering the Alpine Log House in Jasper. Has anyone stayed there? I don't see any reviews of it here on Tripadvisor. Thanks for any feedback.

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
19,722 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alpine Log House Bed and Breakfast, Jasper

I wouldn't be surprised that a small operation (2 rooms) like Alpine Log House has no reviews - the number of guests they would have in a year is quite small, and maybe the host is not aware of TripAdvisor and does not encourage or solicit her guests to post reviews. However, I would be surprised if she still has availability, so if you have not yet made an enquiry, I would suggest you do so ASAP, and also make enquiries at any other PHAs (private home accommodations) or B&Bs that interest you. I have a number of friends who operate PHAs and B&Bs here in Jasper, and all of the nicer ones are getting very booked up for the summer at this point. You can find the most comprehensive listing of them at www.stayinjasper.com

Like the majority of homes offering accommodation in Jasper, Alpine Log House is not a B&B - they are not licensed to offer breakfast service. There are about 150 private home accommodations in Jasper (PHAs), and only about 12 of them offer breakfast - all continental. No one is licensed to offer a full (cooked) breakfast.

By the way, do not confuse Alpine Log House with Alpine House - the latter probably still has plenty of accommodation available.

If you are able to book in at Alpine Log House, then you can be the first to review them here on TripAdvisor! :)

New Jersey
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Alpine Log House Bed and Breakfast, Jasper

Thanks so much for your reply. Have you seen Alpine Log House? We are very interested in staying there and it would be helpful to know if someone has visited there.

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
19,722 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alpine Log House Bed and Breakfast, Jasper

I go by the house itself almost every day - it is very attractive and well kept. I have personally never been inside and seen the accommodation, but have seen pictures online (just looked at the website again, prompted by your questions). The owner is a life-long Jasper local, who has operated PHA for many years ... before she lived in this particular house, she had a guest accommodation for many years in another house.

However, I can't stress enough - I would suggest you make an enquiry ASAP to find out if there is availability. If there is, then you can ponder whether to book or not. But I am pretty certain that you will find she is already booked.

San Jose, Costa Rica
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Alpine Log House Bed and Breakfast, Jasper

> By the way, do not confuse Alpine Log House with Alpine House - the latter probably still has plenty of accommodation available.

What about Alpine House? I looked at the pictures, it looked pretty nice.

5. Re: Alpine Log House Bed and Breakfast, Jasper

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, August 03, 2014