We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help choose

Which Jasper hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tenerife, Spain
6 posts
Save Topic
help choose

Hi all

I will be staying in the town of Jasper August 9-13. I am trying to decide between staying at the Astoria Chalet, Blue Jay's Accommodation or Bluethe Elk View. Can someone make me any recommendations to help me choose. I am from Spain. Excuse my English because it is not very good.

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
17,727 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: help choose

Elk View Accommodation and Blue Jays's are located closer to downtown than Astoria Chalet (about a ten minute walk), but Astoria Chalet (which is about a 20 minute walk to downtown) is in a quieter area (although the other two are not particularly noisy, although Elk View is located on the main street and closest to the train tracks). The accommodations at Astoria Chalet and Elk View are basement-level; Blue Jays is on the main floor. I know all the hosts; they are all nice people. The hosts at Elk View also own a tour company, so possibly offer discounted tours to their private home accommodation guests.

Are there other considerations that are important to you? I do not know why you have chosen these three.

Tenerife, Spain
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: help choose

Thank you very much for your reply. I chose these places mainly for the price, 100 canadian dollars per night, and because they had a small area to prepare the breakfast. I finally discarded Elk Wiew because they only have 3 nights avaiable and is very difficult to find a place for one night only. Thanks again

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
17,727 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: help choose

Yes, many private home accommodations have a two-night minimum, and only take reservations for single night stays when they have only that one night available between other bookings. It might be easier to book a single night stay at a later date. Also, if you wait to book until within ten days of arrival, vacancies are posted online at http://www.stayinjasper.com/avcal/report.asp . There is also a daily list posted at the Information Centre, and phone provided for calling around, for those who arrive in town without something booked.

On edit: Re-reading your original post, I see you are looking for four nights in total... got it now, Elk View only has three and you don't want to try to book a single night elsewhere. I think that is wise ... if you keep on looking, you will find someplace with the four nights available.

Edited: 7:08 pm, March 25, 2013
Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
3,934 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: help choose

have you read the reviews for the astoria? in a pinch, i'd stay there for one night but would not consider it for 4. but, it is budget friendly but the rooms and bathroom are really tiny. and bring earplugs.

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
17,727 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: help choose

lttt. the Astorica Chalet is not the Astoria Hotel. The Astoria Chalet is a private home accommodation at the west end of town, with a very spacious guest room.

6. Re: help choose

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 28, 2014