We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

jasper accommodations

brigantine, new...
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Topic
jasper accommodations

Help! I'll be staying in Jasper fron 9/20/06 thru 9/22/06 and I can't decide on accommodations. Can I go without reservations and not have any trouble getting a room at this time of year?

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
20,285 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: jasper accommodations

Hi briggal,

The answer is "that depends"... :-) I can tell you that "in general", you could just come to Jasper, especially later in September and find accommmodation with no problem. Of course, the earlier in the day you arrive in town and book your accommodation, the better chance you will have of finding what you want. Visitors tend to arrive in town from 4 to 6, so I'd suggest you be arrive at the earlier end of that range, or even earlier.

There are daily hotel and private home accommodations vacancy lists posted at the Visitor Information Centre (the rustic stone building in the park across from the train station) and Jasper Tourism has provided two courtesy phones for free local calls. Another reason to arrive earlier - that area of the visitor centre gets very busy and crammed full of people later in the afternoon and there can be line-ups for the phones.

The advantage to not booking ahead is that you may pay less - there is usually some flexibility in room rates, booking "off the street". Don't expect quite as much flexibility from B&Bs or tourist homes though, as they don't charge as much to start with as the hotels do (about 1/2 the cost).

Of course, the disadvantage to not booking ahead is that if it turns out to be busy, you may not find what you want... or, if the town sells out, it is an hour in any direction to the next town.

Get answers to your questions about Jasper
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now