We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

?s re visiting Jasper for the 1st time

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Level Contributor
7 posts
160 reviews
Save Topic
?s re visiting Jasper for the 1st time

Good Morning,

Leaving Coeur d'Alene, Idaho for a week 6/10/12 going thru Longview, AB, Banff, Jasper, back through Invermere, BC.

We have reservations for the Icefields/glacier tour but I'm wondering if the Lake Minnewauka(sp?) and/or the Jasper tram are suggested? My husband is very hardy, but I have short tolerance due to recent knee surgeries.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
86 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ?s re visiting Jasper for the 1st time

Haven't been on a boat cruise, although the Maligne Lake Cruise near Jasper comes highly recommended and will not be hard on your knees. The Jasper tramway will take you most of the way up the mountain. You can get great views just from the upper platform. There is a short, steep hike up to one peak (would be very hard on your knees), then a more level path to the true peak of the mountain. Last time we were up there, we saw a Marmot on the rocks close to the platform.

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Level Contributor
7 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ?s re visiting Jasper for the 1st time

I appreciate your input! Thank you.

3. Re: ?s re visiting Jasper for the 1st time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:41 am, June 21, 2013