We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Jasper from Edmonton

Gladstone, Australia
6 posts
Save Topic
Getting to Jasper from Edmonton

I was wondering who the best would be to get to Jasper from Edmonton. I have checked the train and it doesnt depart on the day I need to be there. If i go Bus am I able to purchase my ticket in Vancouver. As I am spending one night in Edmonton and and will be arriving at about 7pm making it hard to purchase a ticket then

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
19,314 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to Jasper from Edmonton

Which bus are you planning to take ... Greyhound, or the Sundog shuttle? I believe they both do online payment (or maybe over the phone for Sundog, which picks up at the airport, or West Edm. Mall ... my father takes it when he is coming to visit me), but the Greyhound depot should be open when you arrive in Edmonton and you can buy your ticket then, I presume, or you should also be able to get it in Vancouver. You might want to check buying it in advance for pick up; I believe they have discounted fares.

Edmonton, AB
Level Contributor
2 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to Jasper from Edmonton

I am going to Jasper the last weekend in May from Edmonton. We are leaving Friday and returning to Edmonton on the Monday, I am travelling with my husband, would you like a ride?

Edited: 12:59 am, April 08, 2012
3. Re: Getting to Jasper from Edmonton

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, June 19, 2013