We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

IceWalk @ Columbia Icefields

NYC
5 posts
Save Topic
IceWalk @ Columbia Icefields

Hey All..

heading out to Banff, LL, Jasper next week.. Trying to book the IceWalk @ Columbia Icefields..

They have a 3hour hike and a 5 hour hike.. My GF and I are 35 y.o active and fit people.. Thoughts about either?

Is the 3hour hike enough? Is the 5hr hike overkill?

Please help me out so I can make a reservation?!?

RLB

San Antonio, Texas
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
2,263 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: IceWalk @ Columbia Icefields

I do not think that a 5 hour hike is overkill, but 3 at the icefields might be a better choice. Just so you know the wind comming of the ice field is cold and blowing. Be ready.

Edited: 10:35 pm, August 23, 2010
NJ
Level Contributor
1,730 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: IceWalk @ Columbia Icefields

wanted the 5 hour but there were no slots when i was there. i did the three and thought it was "enough" but more is always better! I really liked the hike A LOT! it will be great 3 or 5.

Iowa
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: IceWalk @ Columbia Icefields

We went on the 5 hour hike at the end of July and absolutely loved it! Our guide was fabulous and the 5 hours went by very fast. I would definitely like to do the ice walk again in the future.

4. Re: IceWalk @ Columbia Icefields

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:26 am, March 04, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Jasper