We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

me again!!

uk
Level Contributor
26 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
me again!!

We are finally itemising our holiday, thankyou to all who have helped. We have decided to drive from jasper to nainamo, to collect ferry to vancouver island..is this the best route?? will leave jasper sat 31st...need to be in ucluelet monday 2nd june afternoon. Would like a route, hours driving?? stopover?? many thanks andrea

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,557 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: me again!!

I'm glad that you have two days to do this, because the driving time alone is 11 1/2 hours on the shortest route, then you need to add about 3 hours for the ferry from Tsawwasen (Vancouver area) to Nanaimo. That is taking Hwy 5 from Jasper via Valemount, Kamloops, and Merrit to Vancouver.

If you had the time, I'd recommend going a slightly longer route, either: taking the Icefields Parkway (Hwy 93) between Jasper and Lake Louise, then the Trans-Canada Hwy west to Kamloops and the Coquihalla Tolly Hwy (Hwy 5) from Kamloops to Vancouver; or, taking Hwy 5 from Jasper to Kamloops, and then the Trans-Canada Hwy from Kamloops to Vancouver, along the scenic Fraser River Canyon. However, I very much doubt that you have the time for the more scenic routes, because they will add several hours of driving.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Waterton Lakes National Park, Nelson
Level Contributor
2,680 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: me again!!

One other option, once you reach Kamloops is to travel west on the #1 highway to Cache Creek, then go north and west on the Duffy Lake Road via Lillooet and Pemberton to Whistler. Take the Sea to Sky Highway south from Whistler to the Horseshoe Bay ferry terminal, which will also take you to Nanaimo.

Beautiful scenery on the Duffy Lake Road and Sea to Sky Highway.

uk
Level Contributor
26 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: me again!!

Thankyou. We can leave sat mid morning, and dont need to be in ucluelet till afternoon monday. Both routes including the longer one seem fabulous, but I think we need to be as sensible as possible about this. Can you advise on a stopover as long as we reach the ferry by 10am monday that will suffice, although could extend to the tuesday for the right route, to arrive in ucluelet ( plan four nights there, could shorten to three) then to victoria, then to vancouver.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Waterton Lakes National Park, Nelson
Level Contributor
2,680 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: me again!!

I just sent you a route suggestion in response to the private message you sent me. To add to that, now that I have read your reply here, you can drive from Jasper to Kamloops on Saturday, and from Kamloops to Vancouver on Sunday. Look for a hotel in North Vancouver and you will be close to the Horseshoe Bay ferry terminal for your Monday morning ferry to Nanaimo.

5. Re: me again!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 am, September 20, 2009