We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

White water rafting and horse riding.. where is it best?

Perth
3 posts
Save Topic
White water rafting and horse riding.. where is it best?

Hi,

I will be visiting the Canadian Rockies in July this year for approx 7 days. Travelling from the Banff/Canmore area, through Lake Louise,Yoho N.P. and along the Icefields Pkwy to Jasper.

It is tough trying to fit everything into a short time but I am slowly getting there.

My decision now is which area from the above is the best for 1) horseriding and 2) white water rafting? Both activities need not be at the same point in the trip.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thank you :)

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
18,809 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: White water rafting and horse riding.. where is it best?

Hi,

There are two riding stables near Jasper: Pyramid Stables and Skyline Stables (at the Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge). There are at least four rafting companies that I know of:

Whitewater Rafting, Raven Rafting, Maligne River Adventures (which no longer rafts on the Maligne River, as it is closed due to a protected population of harlequin ducks) and Rocky Mountain River Guides.

I have posted website addresses for all of these in past threads in these forums, and I went looking for those previous posts with no luck, as I don't have time right now to look them all up... however, good ol' Google should be able to dig 'em up for you.

There are, of course, similar experiences available at many of the other towns in the Rockies, the trick is deciding which one you want to do and where! Good luck and enjoy your trip!