We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone from fortmcmurray?

Which Fort McMurray hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Anyone from fortmcmurray?

I want to know abt the weather in fort around november.Wll it be very cold?

Calgary, Alberta...
Level Contributor
3,855 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone from fortmcmurray?

I've never been to Fort McMurray, but here are its November weather statistics, quoted from the Weather Base website ( www.weatherbase.com ).

Average daily high: -4 deg C

Highest daily high in 20 years: +18 deg C

Average daily low: -14 deg C

Lowest daily low in 20 years: -37 deg C

I don't know if you'll be there in January. During that month the statistics are:

Average daily high: -15 deg C

Highest daily high in 20 years: +10 deg C

Average daily low: -27 deg C

Lowest daily low in 20 years: -50 deg C

Calgary, Alberta...
Level Contributor
3,855 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone from fortmcmurray?

By the way, if you prefer to see temperatures in Farenheit, you can look up Fort McMurray on the Weather Base website and select Farentheit instead of Celsius.

Singapore
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone from fortmcmurray?

thanks judy.U are always there to help each and everyone who need guidance.god bless you.

I needed the info in C,so thanks for it once again.

Airdrie, Canada
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone from fortmcmurray?

Fort Mc can be extremely cold in November or sometimes it can be quite warm. The weather is quite unpredictable.

One of the large problems can be the wind. The temp can be -10 but with the wind up there it can feel like -30. There is also usually a lot of snow.

We drive up there a lot and ice is common by November.

Alberta
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone from fortmcmurray?

my husband works there, november can be unpredictable. Bring warm clothes....we live 3 hours south and the weather this past november was WINTER. Snow and lots of it!! The highway can be treacherous if you are planning to drive from edmonton, freezing rain is a common thing up here. My best advise is bring all winter clothes, boots, hats, gloves, etc...

6. Re: Anyone from fortmcmurray?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 am, September 08, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Fort McMurray
More Fort McMurray Topics