We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safe residential areas of Edmonton

Which Edmonton hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Topic
Safe residential areas of Edmonton

I am being relocated to Edmonton with in the next year and do have some time to choose where to live. Where in the city preferably south of HWY 16 are better neighbourhoods to reside? the housing market dictates lots of openings in Mill woods but from living in Stony Plain in mid 90's I am not sure if there really has been any improvement. Does any one have suggestions?

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
135 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safe residential areas of Edmonton

I wouldn't live in Millwoods if you paid me to. Southwest Edmonton is definately the best but pricing right now is SCARY! In my neighborhood there are 8 houses for sale right now, probably be gone quick too even with the pirces all over 400K. What range are you looking in?

Moose Jaw, Canada
Level Contributor
302 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Safe residential areas of Edmonton

Many areas of Millwoods a completely safe and wonderfull. Remember Millwoods takes into account a very large portion of the city. It is like any other area - there are a few streets you should stear clear of and the rest is good. Saying all Millwoods is bad is like saying all of north edmonton is poor and run down.

The area of the city best for you depends on what you are looking for. Are good schools, public transport, shopping, walking trails important to you? What are you looking for in a neighorhood?

Most of Edmonton is South of HWY 16. The housing market is very hot in Edmonton right now. Prices are increasing and most quality properties do not last long on the market.

Depending on where you will be working consider some of the suburbs. Personally I like Sherwood Park and St. Albert.

Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Safe residential areas of Edmonton

I think Mill Woods keeps getting a bum rap as a place to live. It's not nearly as bad as it's painted! It's actually a thriving community that's bigger and more populated than Red Deer!!

I would suggest that you might consider some places on the south side of the city, west of Calgary Trail. e.g. Southgate area, Terwillegar, Heritage or Rutherford. With the Anthony Henday roadway opening up you can have easy access to other areas too.

Good luck!

4. Re: Safe residential areas of Edmonton

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

We're sorry - the TripAdvisor staff closed this topic because TripAdvisor does not facilitate discussions about relocation or real estate purchases because these topics are not considered to be travel-related.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:39 am, October 21, 2006