We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Late-night cabs from Edmonton VIA station

Alexandria, VA
2 posts
Save Topic
Late-night cabs from Edmonton VIA station

We have a reservation on The Canadian departing Vancouver on May 15 and arriving at Edmonton the next night at 11:00PM. We'll be spending the night at the Ramada Leduc, near the airport, which I recently learned is way on the other side of town from the station, almost 25 miles away. Does anyone know whether a cab would be available at the Edmonton station at that hour that could take us to the Ramada, or could you give me a link to a source who would know? It would also be nice (but not necessary) to have some idea of what the fare might be. Thanks!

Lenny Goldstein

Mentioned in this post
Vancouver
Vancouver
British Columbia, Canada
Edmonton
Edmonton
Alberta, Canada
Edmonton, Canada
Destination Expert
for Edmonton, Yellowknife
Level Contributor
1,366 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Late-night cabs from Edmonton VIA station

Sure thing :)

here is a link: http://www.edmontontaxiservicegroup.com/

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
20,838 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Late-night cabs from Edmonton VIA station

Depending on how many of you there are, it may be cheaper to use the Sky Shuttle, a small bus service that runs between various points in Edmonton and out to YEG. They list the VIA station as one of their pick-up points, it is $18 per adult. From the airport, you could then call the Ramada and ask them to pick you up in their shuttle.

Here is the link to the Sky Shuttle service: http://www.edmontonskyshuttle.com/

By the way, Edmonton International is not on the other side of the city, it's actually not even in the city. It's in Leduc County, which is adjacent to the City of Leduc.

Mentioned in this post
Edmonton
Edmonton
Alberta, Canada
Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
71 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Late-night cabs from Edmonton VIA station

Cabbies are pretty good at knowing when trains arrive. Odds are there will be a couple sitting there. if not, #taxi on your phone. And do prepare yourself for the $60-70 cab far it will cost you.

I suppose you could do the Sky Shuttle to the airport and then call the Ramada to pick you up (if they even run a shuttle that late).. it'll be midnight by the time you get to the airport. I know which option I would pick...

Edited: 6:56 pm, April 07, 2012
Alexandria, VA
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Late-night cabs from Edmonton VIA station

Suzanne, krp329, and Patrick (so far)--boy, you guys don't waste any time, do you? From a clueless Yank (although I did know the airport was actually in Leduc, because that's what the YEG Ramada calls itself) I've become an expert on the Edmontonian transportation system in just a couple of hours, with a plethora of tempting possibilities available. Since there are only the two of us arriving, and the Ramada shuttle is on call all night (they tell me), and the Ramada really is just about 2km from YEG, maybe the Sky Shuttle would be a viable option (thanks, krp329! You know, you type pretty good for a dog). I'll probably call the Edmonton Taxi Service Group (thanks, Suzanne!) next week and get some more info. Or I can start saving up for the CDN$60-$70 to take a cab (thanks for the warning, Patrick!). Now let's see, how much would that be in real money...

Lenny

Mentioned in this post
Edmonton
Edmonton
Alberta, Canada
Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
26,709 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Late-night cabs from Edmonton VIA station

$60-$70, of course! ;-)

The poke in the eye with a sharp stick for being a smart aleck is on the house :D

6. Re: Late-night cabs from Edmonton VIA station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, April 09, 2013