We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Health food supermarket?

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
410 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Health food supermarket?

Hi, Is there any health food supermarket chains in Edmonton? I am looking for one similar to Whole Foods and Trader Joe'ss here in USA. Thanks.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
26,079 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Health food supermarket?

Check out Planet Organic; I haven't been to their Edmonton stores, but their north Calgary store is pretty good:

www.planetorganic.ca/ourstores/edmontonnorth/

Edited: 9:48 am, August 04, 2011
Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
410 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Health food supermarket?

Hi, thanks for the info. and link. I will go there to check it out. Thanks again!

Edmonton, Canada
Destination Expert
for Edmonton
Level Contributor
3,438 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Health food supermarket?

There's also a Planet Organic on the south side as well, in the Old Strathcona area. There's a link on the same page that Country Wife posted above.

You may also want to try Earth's General Store. They are in the same neck of the woods, as the south side Planet Organic, just a few blocks east. I've never been, but my vegan, earth-loving child, loves it.

http://egs.ca/

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
410 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Health food supermarket?

Hi mcwhippet, thanks! I will go check this one too.

Mission, Canada
Level Contributor
9,095 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Health food supermarket?

Be prepared. Planet Organic isn't cheap. But their fruit tastes wondrous.

Also, if you're around for the Saturday Farmer market in old Strathcona, definitely try it. You won't be disappointed.

6. Re: Health food supermarket?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, October 07, 2012