We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Show I stay in Edmonton?

Which Edmonton hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
142 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Show I stay in Edmonton?

Hey guys,

I'll be there in Edmonton in the last week of July to wrap up my a month long trip and fly out to Toronto. I'd like to know if it is worth to stay there for a day or two or there's not much interesting going on there and should better fly out at the same day.

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
17,724 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Show I stay in Edmonton?

Depends on the timing of your flight, and how you are getting to Edmonton and the international airport. The airport is not in the city itself, but about 1/2 drive from the south end of the city. As I recall, you will not have a car and will be relying on public transportation - how are you getting to Edmonton, and from where, and what time is your flight?

Edmonton is a bit "underwhelming", imo, as far as cities go, but it does have some worthwhile attractions. It is a very spread-out city though, and it won't be very convenient getting around by transit. The most famous attraction is West Edmonton Mall, but there are other things to see, such as Royal Alberta Museum, Fort Edmonton Park etc. They also pride themselves as the "City of Festivals" and there is likely something on while you will be there - it seems to be one festival after another in the summer. Their tourism site and the info pages here on TA should be helpful: www.edmonton.com/for-visitors.aspx , and have a look at the menus on this page at the top left and top right for the TA info that has been compiled by other TA users like yourself.

Edited: 6:39 pm, June 26, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
142 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Show I stay in Edmonton?

@Krp329 : I haven't bought the flight ticket yet. I just wanted to find out if there's anything worthwhile to visit before I buy it. If there are some interesting things to see which seems there are, I'd set the return date couple of days after and give myself time to visit.

3. Re: Show I stay in Edmonton?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, October 07, 2012