We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to go, what to see?

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
76 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Where to go, what to see?

My husband and I will be in Edmonton Aug 4-8 for our 1st Anniversary and for Huntfest. We've been to Edmonton numerous times and we do the usual stops like the WEM and other malls. Would like suggestions for other things to see, go, shop at, etc Fort Edmontotn Park and Telus world of Science are on our list too, but we been there before. Any suggestions? I heard shopping at High Street is fun, Also, we wouldn't mind a good spa visit for a couples massage.

Thanks!

Mission, Canada
Destination Expert
for Travel Gadgets and Gear, Mission
Level Contributor
9,095 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Where to go, what to see?

I used to live in the Highlands area, and the La Boheme is very convenient to Ada Blvd. Terrific walking along Ada with views of historic homes.

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
76 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Where to go, what to see?

Well, we did just got back from our Bahamian honeymoon, and it's not a trip dedicated to our anniersary. I got my DH tickets to Hunfest for his bday, and it just happens to fall on our anniversary. Besides, we live in a town with less than 2000 people, 1 grocery store and 1 clothing store, Edmonton is a dream! LOL

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
47 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Where to go, what to see?

The Folk Fest as mentioned is outstanding but only a few tickets for Thursday and Friday night might still be available. The passes and other evenings are already sold out. The Cariwest Festival is on that weekend as well with a colourful parade and steel drum bands.

Saturday go to the Strathcona Farmers Market and then meander down Whyte Avenue.

14. Re: Where to go, what to see?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:42 am, June 06, 2012