We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotels

Beaverlodge, Canada
2 posts
Save Topic
hotels

is there any hotels in Edmonton that accepts cash or debit card?

Canmore, Alberta
Destination Expert
for Canmore
Level Contributor
1,152 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotels

Every hotel is going to accept cash as payment and almost all will have debit card.

Is what you are asking is can you book a room without using a credit card at all? Probably no hotel will hold a room without a credit card. If you show up and want to stay in one without giving a credit card for a pre-authorized deposit, they will want a certain amount of cash deposit for security.

Some hotels will do this, you can pay it with cash or debit, but it will be a minimum of $200 or maybe even $300 they will want. Enough to cover the cost of the nightly rate and extra in case of damage or any other incidental costs you may incur during your stay.

Upon check out the room will be inspected and your deposit money will be returned to you.

Edited: 3:53 pm, January 11, 2011
Mission, Canada
Destination Expert
for Travel Gadgets and Gear, Mission
Level Contributor
9,095 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotels

As travelbug notes, I agree. However, you can book a room reservation without a credit card, denoting time of arrival. If you do not arrive within 30 minutes of stated time, you may lose your reservation if the hotel is getting to capacity due to "walk-in(s)".

Also, it is customary for hotels everywhere - not just Edmonton - to ask for a "deposit" either in the form of a pre-authorized credit card slip, or a Debit or cash deposit. People usually most always get it back at the the end of their stay ... unless you've completely trashed the room.

Beaverlodge, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: hotels

thanks you guys, i already got my reservation.. all of your reply are helpful information on my trip this 14th:)

good day

kim^_^.

4. Re: hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, July 12, 2011