We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reitman’s or the Royal Alberta Museum?

Sechelt, BC
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast
Level Contributor
3,031 posts
Save Topic
Reitman’s or the Royal Alberta Museum?

Hi Folks ~~~~~~ a friend is travelling to Edmonton and as I used to live here asked me what attractions to see. I fondly remember Fort Edmonton as being one of the best places to spend a day and - way back when - the Royal Alberta Museum was one of my favourites too.

So we venture over here to look these attractions up in the “what to do” section. Not surprisingly Fort Edmonton is number one but the Royal Alberta museum is listed at #44 of 48? So here is the kicker - how the heck did Reitman’s - a most mediocre ladies fashion chain store become attraction number #25 out of 48 - without one single review? Is an afternoon browsing thru run of the mill fashions preferred over an afternoon at the museum? Is the museum really that bad - or are they passing out free glasses of wine at Reitman’s to further enhance our shopping pleasure?

Thanks for any info.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
177 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reitman’s or the Royal Alberta Museum?

That seems totally bizarre to me. I love the Museum - I even got married there. I would still recommend it to your friend for sure. I'm going to be going there soon to check out the Wildlife Photographer of the Year exhibit.

Edmonton, Canada
Destination Expert
for Edmonton
Level Contributor
3,256 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reitman’s or the Royal Alberta Museum?

"a most mediocre ladies fashion chain store" "run of the mill fashions"...methinks Reitmans just got its first review! :)

Mission, Canada
Destination Expert
for Travel Gadgets and Gear, Mission
Level Contributor
9,095 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reitman’s or the Royal Alberta Museum?

I also don't know how a clothier such as Rietmans' ranks a review, while an actual attraction like the museum or some other cultural centre does not. I would take it with a grain of salt.

Sechelt, BC
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast
Level Contributor
3,031 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Reitman’s or the Royal Alberta Museum?

Hi Karlie - well how cool is that - married at the museum. I am dying to know near which exhibit you held your nuptials next to.

I will bring this to TA’s attention. I am aware that the “things to do” section is largely taken over by tour operators in most of the destination pages but this is the first time I have seen a retail clothing store in the rankings.

Regardless my friend has the museum on her list while Reitman’s will not have her included in their grand tour - no matter how good the wine might be. Opps mcwhippet - that may be review number 2 ;-)

5. Re: Reitman’s or the Royal Alberta Museum?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 18, 2011