We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

U2...easiest way there

Saskatchewan
Level Contributor
549 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
U2...easiest way there

were driving in to edmonton from the south..wondered about bus or train to the concert ..where to park..how long it will take to get to the stadium etc..any suggestions to keep green and white licence plates off the roads appreciated :)

Mission, Canada
Destination Expert
for Travel Gadgets and Gear, Mission
Level Contributor
9,095 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: U2...easiest way there

Some locals started talking about the concert a while ago ...

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g154914-i306-k3184…

I am not sure where the concert is being held, as I haven't bought tickets (and am likely not going now).

Taking the LRT might be a good alternative for you, with parking in a northern LRT station lot. But you will have to navigate around to the north side of Edmonton first.

Possibly someone else will come into the discussion and give better advice than myself.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
373 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: U2...easiest way there

I wouldn't worry too much about the green and white licence plates. They are not all that uncommon here.

Where are you staying? The U2 concert will be at Commonwealth Stadium, and there is an LRT there.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
124 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: U2...easiest way there

Probably the easiest thing to do coming from the south is to go and park at the university and take the trian from there. If you're coming in on the QE2, just keep going straight (fork right onto Gateway Blvd, NOT left onto the Henday) until 82 ave, turn left, turn right on 109 street, left on 87 ave, and park at the Education car park (on your right, on the corner of 87 ave and 114 street). Then the LRT line is right behind the car park. Cost of taking the train is $2.50 each way, and you can buy a return ticket at the time of purchase (saves you a line later on).

Saskatchewan
Level Contributor
549 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: U2...easiest way there

sounds good thanks

5. Re: U2...easiest way there

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 04, 2010