We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

To West Edmonton Mall

Which Edmonton hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
Level Contributor
127 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
To West Edmonton Mall

Hi!

Checked the ETS website. However, still pretty confused of how to go to West Edmonton Mall from Days Inn Edmonton Downtown by public transport.

Would appreciate if you can also tell me how to go to WEM from University of Alberta.

Thanks.

Level Contributor
2,033 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: To West Edmonton Mall

Cherry

I've used the ETS "Trip Planner"...

bus routes 1 or 100 are the simplest from Days Inn. Both buses leave from stop 1619 at 106 Street & Jasper Avenue and get you to West Edm Mall in about 30 minutes.

If you're starting at U of A, bus route 106 takes you from University Transit Centre Bus Stop # 2001 (by the HUB entrance) to WEM in 21 minutes.

Edmonton, AB
Level Contributor
307 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: To West Edmonton Mall

Route #4 also runs from the University to West Edmonton Mall on a very similar route to the #106.

Singapore
Level Contributor
127 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: To West Edmonton Mall

Hi!

If I would to go to WEM, I must board bus at bus-stop #1619 ...and to go back to Days Inn Downtown, I must alight at bus-stop #1035....right?

Am I right to say there are many other bus routes plying via these bus stops #1035 and 1619? So as long as I entered these 2 bus-stop # in the trip planner, I shouldnt be far from Days Inn Downtown?

By the way, as a general guide, what's the operating hours for public buses on week-days and week-end.

Singapore
Level Contributor
127 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: To West Edmonton Mall

Hi!

If I would to go to WEM, I must board bus at bus-stop #1619 ...and to go back to Days Inn Downtown, I must alight at bus-stop #1035....right?

Am I right to say there are many other bus routes plying via these bus stops #1035 and 1619? So as long as I entered these 2 bus-stop # in the trip planner, I shouldnt be far from Days Inn Downtown?

By the way, as a general guide, what's the operating hours for public buses on week-days and week-end.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
70 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: To West Edmonton Mall

Generally speaking, buses on main routes run from 5am until 1am. But many smaller routes stop running at night. Those that still run don't run very frequently - every 30 minutes or 60 minutes so you really need to plan well for night travel.

For getting to WEM, take the 100. There are other routes but the 100 is a super-express and doesn't make any stops between downtown and WEM getting you there fairly fast (whereas all other routes are milk-runs). You can catch it anywhere along Jasper Avenue. (your hotel is on 100 Ave - one block south of Jasper).

6. Re: To West Edmonton Mall

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 pm, October 13, 2009