We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel help!

Red Deer, Alberta
Level Contributor
30 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel help!

I'm bringing my family with me to Edmonton when I come on business. I'm wanting to find a hotel that has a swimming pool, and even better a waterslide. My training is close to the Capilano Mall, so i'm willing to look at hotels in Sherwood Park or even Ft. Saskatchewan if there is one. The only one in Edmonton that I'm aware of with a waterslide is the hotel on Calgary Trail/Gateway Blvd. that is the old Riviera, under a new name of course. Not a nice place from past experience, quite old. I'd appreciate any help you can give! We'd prefer something that's not way over by WEM, but south side might be ok, as I can take Whitemud and then 50th all the way up.

Thanks in advance!!!

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
18,825 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel help!

The "old Riviera"... would that by any chance be the Ramada? I have stayed there lots, most recently about a month ago - and I like it fine. The rooms were updated a few years back and are still in good condition, and the rates are more reasonable than other nearby places. I have never used the water park, so can't say what it's like.

I was quite surprised because I have stayed at the newer Greenwood Inn nearby a few times also (for more $$), and find some aspects of their rooms to be getting tired... like the acrylic sinks that are all cracked and brown, for instance. This wasn't the case at the Ramada, where furniture, sinks and tile work were all in good condition - although carpets needed cleaning (which is the case at most hotels - I never walk in a hotel room with my shoes off!) And I noticed last time at the Ramada that they now have wireless internet - which they didn't used to have and was the reason why we'd switched to the Greenwood - so I will stay there again in future.

Try www.explorealberta.com for hotel listings. If I recall correctly, there is a search option there (might include pool/waterpark) and I believe they also have hotels sorted by area of Edmonton.

Canada
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel help!

Why is there such bad reviews on edmonton hotels. Where is one supposed to stay at this city besides 5 star hotels.

Cochrane, Canada
Level Contributor
431 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel help!

Super 8 Motel on the south end has a pool with a slide. But it is a saltwater pool. Not sure if your interested in that, decent prices too, check out their website.

4. Re: Hotel help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 pm, September 29, 2009