We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"Jasper Express" - Does this exist

Which Edmonton hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, UK
2 posts
Save Topic
"Jasper Express" - Does this exist

We'll be flying into Edmonton Airport from Toronto in July of next year and after an overnight in Edmonton (preferably near the airport) want to get to Jasper the next day. Our schedule doesn't coincide with VIA Rail's so we're looking to get to Jasper by coach. We've looked at using the Greyhound, but that leaves from the centre of Edmonton and if we're to get into Jasper earlyish afternoon would leave at an eye-watering 6.45am (although the difference from Toronto will help us!)

My "Rough Guide to Canada" mentions a "Jasper Express" direct from the airport, but I have been unable to find any information on this on the web, doesn't anyone know whether it exists, frequency, duration, price, etc?

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,318 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: "Jasper Express" - Does this exist

I couldn't find anything about a Jasper-Edmonton airport shuttle either. However, if your group is the right size, it just might be cost- and time-effective for you to use a limo service.

http://www.albertalimo.com/jspllbnf.html

The Rough Guide refers to the "new Jasper Express service" (dg.travelnow.com/index.jsp…); however, that service was launched by Laidlaw Transportation in 2000, and apparently has since been discontinued.

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
18,186 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: "Jasper Express" - Does this exist

Sundog Tours here in Jasper is starting a shuttle service once daily from Jasper to the Edmonton Int'l airport, with a stop at West Edmonton Mall. I don't think this is the "Jasper Express", because it's a new service, just starting next week. I have never heard of the Jasper Express - maybe it was a similar venture that didn't last very long?

The web page for this service is here:

www.sundogtours.com/transp/connector.html

It leaves Edm. at 3:30 pm, arrives in Jasper at 8:15 pm, or leaves Jasper at 7:00 am and arrives at the airport at 12:30 pm. Adult fare is $79 one way.

The only other option is the Airporter shuttle into downtown Edmonton, and then the Greyhound bus from there (there are at least a couple of buses per day), or VIA, as you mentioned - which leaves Edmonton three days a week around 8 a.m.

London, UK
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: "Jasper Express" - Does this exist

Many thanks for your replies. I suspect it'll be the Greyhound from the centre of Edmonton as we want to get into Jasper early afternoonish. Thanks again.

4. Re: "Jasper Express" - Does this exist

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 12:27 am, March 18, 2013
Edmonton, Canada
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: "Jasper Express" - Does this exist

There's the Magic Bus which leaves early (5:30AM on Fri, Sat and Sun) but gets you there quickly. I think they just have their winter schedule up right now for the skiier, but they run all summer long too. We do a lot with them through my work and they're fabulous to work with. Might be worth checking out.

http://www.magicbus.ca/y/individual.html

Milwaukee,WI.
Level Contributor
414 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: "Jasper Express" - Does this exist

To add to the collection try the Brewster transprotaiton company. The Via rain train departs early too from Edmonton and is a 5:45am transport by van from EdMONTON airport too the station on SkyShuttle Edmonton.

edmonton,alberta
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: "Jasper Express" - Does this exist

Check out this link.

Direct from airport to Jasper

http://www.sundogtours.com/transp/connector

Edmonton
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: "Jasper Express" - Does this exist

Simstim,

A new shuttle service between Edmonton and Jasper just launched. The company is Sundog Tours, they pick you up at the airport, then transfer to Jasper. There is even a stop at West Edmonton Mall if you want to do a little shopping. Effective November 14, 2007

www.sundogtours.com

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,318 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: "Jasper Express" - Does this exist

I think Simstim has gotten the message about SunDog's Jasper shuttle--that's the third posting about it!

10. Re: "Jasper Express" - Does this exist

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 am, September 14, 2009