We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Edmonton Mall

Which Edmonton hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
toronto
Level Contributor
221 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Edmonton Mall

Hello,

Is this mall worth going to?

How big are the "Chinatown, Bourbon Street area and the Europa Boulevard"? How many stores are in each area?

Is one day enough at the mall?

Thanks in advance,

Dee

Level Contributor
2,033 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Edmonton Mall

The West Edmonton Mall is worth seeing if going to Edmonton. Edmonton, with the surrounding communites, is a million people - so there's many other things to see.

The mall's website www.wem.ca gives you a good sense of what to expect, including the number of stores in any given area. One day is enough, although you could choose to spend a whole day just in the waterpark with wave action pool!

Moose Jaw, Canada
Level Contributor
302 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Edmonton Mall

It depends on what you like and what you want to do. For me, yes the mall is worth going to and I take most out of town visitors there, but for my Dad for example I would find somewhere else to take him.

Chinatown is quite small - there is a great food/grocery store, and maybe 10 other stores in that section. Bourbon street has some fun restaurants and great decor. Europa Blvd is is where a bunch of expensive stores are clustered. There are approx 15-20 right in that area.

There are many other stores within the mall. There are also movie theaters, mini golf, submairines, fish, ice rink, water park, amusment park, coffee shops, restataunts. You can spend as much or as little time here as you like. Depending on when you come it can be very busy so if you dont like crowds plan your time well.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
33 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Edmonton Mall

The mall is worth going to as it has many features that can appeal to any crowd really.

One day should be plenty for the mall.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
3,544 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Edmonton Mall

I wouldn't make a special trip to Edmonton just for the mall. But if you're in town it's worth checking out, just to say you've been.

Most of the stores are national chains, there are very few that you wouldn't find in Toronto. And I found when I lived in Ontario and came to Alberta for visits, prices were generally higher which cancelled out some of the savings from the missing PST.

The extras, over and above any other big mall in Canada, are really targeted towards kids. The submarine windows are at chest-height on adults, perfect height for children. The amusement park has 2 rides that adults could enjoy, the rest are for children. The waterslides and wave pool are best enjoyed by kids-at-heart. So, if you have kids, they'll love the mall.

The restaurants in Bourbon St. are almost all chains: Moxie's, Tony Roma's, Hooters, etc. You don't have to go to the mall to find them. I haven't been to New Orleans, but the mall's "Bourbon St." reminded me of the Riverwalk in San Antonio, TX.

If you intend to particpate in every activity and do some serious shopping, you'd need more than 1 day, you could spend a full day at the water park alone. But if you just want to experience the ambience and check out a couple of stores, a few hours would be plenty.

Alberta
Level Contributor
590 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Edmonton Mall

Hi

This is a mall worth going to. There is everything here including a Theme park and a huge waterpark. There is tons more like arcades and that kind of jargon. There is also a hotel which has amazing theme rooms. Bourbon street has everything. There is tons to do and the largest Amercan chain stores. If you read the review that says there is not enough shopping and American chains "HELLO!!" this is the largest mall in the world how can there not be enough stores.

Edmonton, Alberta
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Edmonton Mall

No, 1 day wouldn't be enough unless ur in a hurry and no time to look around and im not sure how many stores there are but there's quite alot of stores there.

Calgary
Level Contributor
84 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Edmonton Mall

WEM is definately worth going to. I go everytime I'm in Edmonton. They have great shopping and lots of activites. The waterpark is by far the best. The Spaghetti Factory is an amazing place to have dinner at the end of your day and it's right in the mall. Great for family and lots of food.